• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 M8 not pulling rpms?

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Just bought this sled because buddy was tired of trying to fix it.
2009 M8, Twisted race kit

Sounds like what happened is he blew the Y pipe going up the trail. fixed that and then shortly after it wouldnt make rpm past engagment pretty well, would just fall on its face.it almost sounds like it is running on one cylinder but i have not confirmed that

Just quickly looking at it, the new kits are wired different then mine and im wondering what this blue cylinder is (electrical) by the right foot under the exhaust, and there is also a relay there. what are their purposes?

Buddy had it at the cat dealer a few times, sounds like theyve replaced,swapped
ECUs, same thing
servo motor for exhaust valves- same thing
flow tested injectors
pipe sensor is good
throttle cable is set proper
said they checked TPS

We are going to just take the stator out and send it in for good measures. But besides a bad ground or melted wire, what else could be going on

thanks

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
What version of the kit is it, (how new) rg or pg?
What turbo, 2860 or 2871 or 2876
Blue thing, I think is a capacitor for the more power to run fuel pump. Whats the box settings, fuel pressure.

Your saying you can't get it to rap up at all.

might want to call twisted

Have looked at the pistons and checked compression. New plugs

M

m8lovin

Aug 29, 2010
vernon bc
Relay

Try changing out the relay mine got moisture in it last season and the contacts got stuck over summer. My first ride out this year my sled was not getting any boost fuel and would fall on its face around 5500 rpm. Changed the relay and everything was back to normal.

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
Have you checked the reeds? We had two sled go through reeds this weekend and they both sounded like they were running on one cylinder. I could finally get mine past it to make it run but the other one blew a bunch of pedals so it would bearly run and sounded like what you just said.

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Was bought last season. 2876 turbo I think. Said the dealer checked them but I'll replace and also try a new relay. Is the relay for the pump? Plugs were changed. I'll check comp as well.

M

m8lovin

Aug 29, 2010
vernon bc
Relay is for the fuel pump. What is your afr and fuel pressure guage doing just the instant before your sled dies?

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
ya it ran awesome from day one. then first trip this year it went bad and then i bought it. im going to try the above and send the stator away. Then well go from there thanks

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
i think i may have found the issue. I found the bottom disk out of the BOV rammed inside the PTO throttle body. once the stator is back ill repost.

Premium Features