• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Pro RMK has arrived

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Has anyone put any thoughts in a muff-pot install on this sled yet ?
Got to find a way to hinge the hood somehow...

FBF.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Welcome to the party. I haven't tried my muff pot yet, funny though. I was so excited to ride yesterday that I forgot to put an extra belt in there.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
i wonder if you can mount it so you can access it from the side, good luck!

anyone know how hard the hoods are to take off?

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Hoods are the 2 torqx(?) screws in front of the steering tube on top of the console and the two push pins on the sides. It's hooked in on the nose and that's about it. Don't forget to unplug the wire harness before you pull it off hard!

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
Haven't had time to have a close look at it yet but don't the side panels have to be open to lift the top off?
That would leave only one option and it would be to cut a hatch right from the top cover and hinge it. So far it looks like a lot of work for hot wings on the hill...

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I want to know who gets the fingers pointed at them for not bringing this up with the Polaris engineers they keep claiming are so smart!!!

I've been thinking they need to incorporate a small glove box type panel in the hood of sleds so you can drop gloves or a pair of goggles into a mesh compartment inside the hood to heat/dry gloves out without having to pop the whole hood. Make it a snap while stopping for just a couple minutes.

MOWER800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Layton Utah
just wait

2coolairvents is looking into a hood vent that can be removed easily to access the pipe

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
SPG

Skinz Protective Gear already has a solution to this in the works... they've been on it since the spring to do it in a quality way.

Keep your eyes peeled.

The hood would be pretty hard to hinge on this sled... the other "issue" is that the side panels trap the hood when closed. Also the main hood harness does not have much give to it, so poping the hood is not practical on this sled.

Last edited:

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
my buddy and his brother picked up their Pro's yesterday. figured we could weld some tabs on the top of the stock can, and tabs on the bottom of a muff pot and just pin the two pieces together for easy removal and access into your engine compartment.

Premium Features