• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snowest needs some changes

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
first off. I find my self on other sleding sights because there is not enough traffic on here. You guys need to win back some lost people and keep them on here. Get rid of the set limits on free members. Sure give us paying members some extra bull**** but i don't care about it. I am on here because when i need help, i was able to get it. When i needed parts, i could find them, and when i need to sell something, i could sell it.

Thats not happening.

Do this for your PAID MEMBERS! as i will no longer be apart of this (potentially) GREAT sight. Do something about it, or watch all your members fade away into summer and have them not come back in fall.

if you can keep the members here, then people will still subscribe just to stand out and support our sport, but ONLY if there is the traffic on here that there once was.

SW also NEEDS to have a Job Forum. We are looking for 2 full time mechanics and we can't find anyone. Give us a chance (along with others) to hire and help out some fellow sledders, and give some of those guys out there that are down on their luck a chance to possibly find a good, local job. Make it open to EVERYONE!

If we find a job with the help of a new subforum we will donate $250 to SAWS in thanks for the help of snowest.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
SW also NEEDS to have a Job Forum. We are looking for 2 full time mechanics and we can't find anyone. Give us a chance (along with others) to hire and help out some fellow sledders, and give some of those guys out there that are down on their luck a chance to possibly find a good, local job. Make it open to EVERYONE!

This is a great idea! I wouldn't think this would be too dificult to add.

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska

I really like this idea. I have seen job postings in the regional forums, but an actual job forum could be a great thing. Who's to say someone wouldn't relocate for the right job? This is a tough economy and some people are just looking for the right opportunity to move anyway. After all, it's been so darn warm in Alaska lately and the Lower 48 is getting all the snow...if it keeps up like this I might have to move just to get some riding in!

A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
its nothing new really , even before the started charging. im sure im not the only one that uses 3-4 forums for info and what not far as im concerned only thing that has changed is the order in which i view them

snowest used to be first now its like 3rd >< least its not last eh ?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

If we find a job with the help of a new subforum we will donate $250 to SAWS in thanks for the help of snowest.
You are the first person to ever mention that.
I think its a good idea.
Let me run it past ownership and get their OK on it.

R
Sep 3, 2008
boise idaho
great thread good point. i loved this place before this dumb paying thing started. that would be nice if whoever signed up for snowest magazine would get a upgraded membership here for free. bet you more people would pay and more would come here.

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
switch it around and i think it would be way better bro.

whats the difference if you pay for the mag and get forums for free, or pay for forums and get mag for free? either way your still paying for something that used to be free?

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
whats the difference if you pay for the mag and get forums for free, or pay for forums and get mag for free? either way your still paying for something that used to be free?

Atleast you can wipe your *** with the mag. :amen:

lol. it is what it is. IF they can't see that they are loosing their forum members to other sights, then so be it.

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
magazines

How many magazines did Sledheads put out this winter? 3. It is not a good deal, i want my money back from Sledheads. When using this as a bonus we should have been told you get free online magazines but there will only be 3 now instead of 6. I was dumb enough to pay for a subscription based on the past couple years, havent seen a single issue in my mailbox.

it is also disturbing to see the other sites with alot of traffic and some really nice features. Oh, yeah and its free.....

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
I couldn't agree more. 12,896 active members and dropping fast. There's very few new posts ever, mainly people looking for help and not the same amount of knowledgeable people around to comment on it (exactly what I said would happen 4 months ago) so I decided to support SnoWest anyway and I feel like I got duped. Christopher promises and promises with nothing to back it up.

I've kept quiet about this for too long. This site is far from the site it used to be. Other sites are doing it out there for free. I don't want your $hitty magazine of advertisements or your SledHeads that shows up at no particular regularity. What did I pay for? Christopher's diplomatic BS promises that have no basis for reason?

Premium Features