• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST IS GETTING GREATY

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
That was TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR.

I offered you a simple apologetic statement acknowledged that I AM asking a lot of you, and you twist and pervert it into something that it's not.

Thanks Loads.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO

I offered you a simple apologetic statement acknowledged that I AM asking a lot of you, and you twist and pervert it into something that it's not.

Thanks Loads.

You've got to be kidding me right?

Is there anyone else that read that as anything other than a slightly rude, but definitely sarcastic statement?

I quoted exactly what you said, nothing got twisted at all. Considering the context that many conversations have had in this forum, if you really were saying something like that, better wording would have been advised.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Is there anyone else that read that as anything other than a slightly rude, but definitely sarcastic statement?
There was NOTHING in that Rude or Sarcastic.

If you read into it that I was in any way being RUDE or SARCASTIC to you, then you read something that I most certainly did NOT intend.

K
Dec 4, 2007
CNY
Sorry that I seem to be asking so much of you while we work on so many things behind the scenes.
Yet another useless comment that does nothing more that re-affirm people's dislike for you when they're trying to have what should be a simple & cordial discussion.

Instead of any kind of useful response.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY PEOPLE ARE LEAVING & WON'T COME BACK.

This WAS a community, you obviously just don't get it. Every stupid little comment like this just makes one more person have no interest in helping this forum move forward.

You're obviously just SO rooted in trying to be sneaky & feeling like you're in control & want no one else's input that you just are incapable of even this simple discussion.

Thanks Loads.

I quoted exactly what you said, nothing got twisted at all. Considering the context that many conversations have had in this forum, if you really were saying something like that, better wording would have been advised.

No twisting or perverting required, that was a totally rude and sarcastic statement, and a shining example of why so many members have a great distaste for you and your actions...

For the love of god man, just answer the questions, stop all this side stepping, issue skirting, waffling double talk and answer a question, any question!!!

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Dukrider,

So then go to where people are talking about sleds. This is the feedback & suggestions forum. Here we're talking about the forum & giving our opinions about what we would like to see here.

This isn't a mandatory read, it's just the opinions of a few people, some of us agree, some of us don't.

The title of this thread may have the word (ok, well, sorta) greed in it, but right or wrong we're talking about how we feel this forum should get better, not attacking it or whining about $10, 15, or $30.

If anyone else reads that statement as anything other than sarcasm (other than ruffy or dsp...), my normally astute & accurate sarcasm meter just got snapped in half.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
No twisting or perverting required, that was a totally rude and sarcastic statement, and a shining example of why so many members have a great distaste for you and your actions...

I am genuinely sorry that is how you feel.

If that is so, then I will gracefully bow out of this conversation because it's obvious I am unable to communicate effectively with you reading into my words and seeing something that I never intended to be there.

I apologize for any unintended offense.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
We want to build a place where we can bring in the major players in the Snowmobile industry to actively participate with riders. We want this site to evolve into a real resource of information that comes directly from the horse's mouth, and not just hearsay from enthusiasts, and detractors hiding behind aliases.

Christopher, I have to ask..do you honestly think that the major players(and because of how you write this and what you have said in the past)I am going to assume you mean the major manufactureres(polaris, yamaha,artic cat, and skidoo) are going to be actively involved in these forums..specifically in helping us the average joe fix,tune and mod our sleds? really? you cant honestly think they will? Just as an example, a for instance, lets take the new polaris pro rmk release..do you honestly think that if 2 months ago, joe average started a thread in the polaris section and said..I am done with my 01 edge..it aint worth fixing..I am gonna go buy a brand new 10 dragon 800 tomorrow for next season ..that a polaris rep is going to get on here and tell joe..oh no you dont want to do that..we have a pro rmk coming out for 2011 that will make the dragon look like a 97 panther?.....I dont think so..do you think for the guys that have major issues getting a couple rides in a row on a dragon without melting pistons that the manufacturer will come on here and say..oh yeah we really messed up on the fuel programming to get it past the epa so yeah put a fuel controller on it so it runs right and stops burning down and so you can enjoy riding it ..oh and yeah we wont void your warranty since your fixing your sled because we couldnt... or for the guy who wants a little more performance from his stock sled and wants to do some clutching? that polaris is gonna tell them anything other then well use this stock spring with that stoock weight and helix and it will be bone stock and then thats as good as it will ever run? really? not to mention..how many pissed off members are there gonna be when polaris see/hears of this guy did this /that and the other for mods to his sled and polaris noticed it on here and voided his 4 yr warranty for mods.....there is no way the major manufacturers are going to come here and freely and honestly help out these members as the members themselves used to....

and finally chris...the best of the best in this industry....well they were here when you got here..that is what made this place the best..and they(or at least a vast majority of them) all call other forums home now..even if they do visit here they arnt or are barely posting tech stuff compared to the past...

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
You will never get any significant contribution from any mfct'r. The last one that tried was Doo on DooTalk and it got ugly. It takes a senior rep to be able to have the balls to get into the things that come up and a senior rep to have the versatile knowledge required. Then it just takes one or two abrasive folks to make it unpleasant. Since they all (sled mfct's) seem to have issues each year they are also put in an uncomfortable spot of either admitting a problem or any other alternative is "lose lose".
Your best bet is vendors that have sales to gain and some of that has already been happening. Most vendors will only post info though, not get into question and answer discussions. Even the best aftermarket companies have issues of their own. And you can't expect them to be objective since they want to showcase their product.
So you are back to the senior members of the forum (the few that remain) to dig deeper into the issues and provide answers. Many questions have published answers, the trick is finding the info. And for a lot of the discussions actual "in the snow" experience provides the best info. Users are way ahead of the factories on a lot of things since they are often the first to experience them.

N
Sep 29, 2009
I am not picking on anyone .... but I find it interesting that there are members that feel that they bestow so much more info than they glean.
I guess for some members they feel they will not glean $10.00 a year worth of info from this site...... Is this the reasoning for not wanting to pay?

This is very simple for me. I look for information on the internet on my:
Snowmobiles
Prius
Ford superduty
Travel
Tacoma
Bicycles
Skis
House
Camper
Winter Job
Trade/Career
Health
Local and National Politicians
Computer
Phone
GPS
Cat

and

Wife.

For some of those things, I might only look at a forum once. I don't mind looking at adds so those forums can make money, but I won't pay, nor do I think anyone else should have to pay. Certainly not while looking at ads.

Paying for any user-generated content on the web encourages paid websites.

So, no matter how useful I found snowest in the past,

I won't pay. :face-icon-small-win

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
it's easy to get your $10 a year value from sno-west

i have saved $100's by asking what works , and what steps to take to better my sled from other people's experience, plus i paid around $40 for a years subsciption to snowest and sled head magazines

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
i think the only good thing the manufacturers could possibly do is pay for everybodys time spent on these forums and sled sites...and they stay the heck off...cause its the owners of the sleds that do all the leg work to make these machines better..using the forums to faciltate the gathering of all the criteria..engineers have never designed a sled for years...they first gave a basic concept many decades ago...since then all sled designing has been gathered by whipping the cream off the pie of the collective efforts and ingenuity of the buying public ..to me the manufacturer have no..i repeat no value in any manner of interacting with us...the rewards of any interaction is stictley onesided...and they have been the recipient for a long long time...we swim in the pond and they suck the blood of knowledge from us like the ungrateful leeches they truly are

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
i think the only good thing the manufacturers could possibly do is pay for everybodys time spent on these forums and sled sites...and they stay the heck off...cause its the owners of the sleds that do all the leg work to make these machines better..using the forums to faciltate the gathering of all the criteria..engineers have never designed a sled for years...they first gave a basic concept many decades ago...since then all sled designing has been gathered by whipping the cream off the pie of the collective efforts and ingenuity of the buying public ..to me the manufacturer have no..i repeat no value in any manner of interacting with us...the rewards of any interaction is stictley onesided...and they have been the recipient for a long long time...we swim in the pond and they suck the blood of knowledge from us like the ungrateful leeches they truly are

??? You ever work for a manufacturer? So is that why private industries are designing the fancy cast aluminum frames? I think you should get a job and work for a manufacturer, because it doesn't sound like you have a clue.

Yah, aftermarket companies do quite a bit. They should, for what they charge and what you get and the fact that all they are doing is IMPROVING a sled.. I think that pails in comparison to manufacturing and selling a snowmobile. The few aftermarket snowmobiles that I have seen for sale are around 30k. What does that tell you? You remember Crazy mountain extreme?

It would be hilarious if the manufacturers read your post, and just gave a big FU and stopped selling snowmobiles.... What would you do then?

It is one thing to build something the right way, it is an entirely different thing to build it and then sell it and make money on it.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
This thread has gone pointless.. big surprise. You know what is killing snowest, THIS STUFF IS. This constant arguing and challenging.

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
??? You ever work for a manufacturer? So is that why private industries are designing the fancy cast aluminum frames? I think you should get a job and work for a manufacturer, because it doesn't sound like you have a clue.

Yah, aftermarket companies do quite a bit. They should, for what they charge and what you get and the fact that all they are doing is IMPROVING a sled.. I think that pails in comparison to manufacturing and selling a snowmobile. The few aftermarket snowmobiles that I have seen for sale are around 30k. What does that tell you? You remember Crazy mountain extreme?

It would be hilarious if the manufacturers read your post, and just gave a big FU and stopped selling snowmobiles.... What would you do then?

It is one thing to build something the right way, it is an entirely different thing to build it and then sell it and make money on it.

ruffy..do you own a snowmobile? if so is it under warranty? or was it ever while you owned it?did you ever change anything on this sled? or run a different brand of oil in it from what the manufacturer sells? if so then your warranty could be voided..so lets say someone on snowest starts a thread on democratic yamdoo poo cat sled he has and wants to know what oil to run..and since you are such a great demmy and ride a yamdoo poo cat sled yourself and you chime in and say..I run fordy atf for oil and it works great plus its a 1/4 of the price..so this guy buys that oil and next weekend he goes and rides and uh oh..his sled goes boom and blows the motor..in the mean time the yamdoo poo cat manufacturers rep is on snowest and reads this thread..and low and behold this guys warranty motor claim gets turned down....well now this guy is pissed and comes on snowest wanting you to foot the bill on his blowed up non warranty motor...and now imagine you answer any thread on here about any little thing you mod on your sled..or just post pics of your sled from rides..and that same rep gets on here and looks at those pics and then a month later you get a notice in the maill..sorry mr demmy..but due to mods you have made to your sled..your warranty is now void....now multiply that by 10000 members.....allowing the manufacturer's on this site is nuts...and will for sure stop almost every guy on here from posting any kind of info that deals with snowmachines...for fear of loosing their warranties...

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
.but due to mods you have made to your sled..your warranty is now void....now multiply that by 10000 members.....allowing the manufacturer's on this site is nuts...and will for sure stop almost every guy on here from posting any kind of info that deals with snowmachines...for fear of loosing their warranties...
Dude, seriously if you want someone to read your post completely, it would be best to have some sort of structure. Paragraphs are a nice touch as well as complete sentences. Not trying to be a nag, but it is late, I am tired, and dang if that didn't make my eyes cross.

As to your argument, how would that be any different then what they can see now? Aren't you assuming that they are not on here right now? Seems you think that the manufactures will have access to information that they don't already have access to?

Premium Features