• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Listen christopher!!

"There isn't going to be anything worth paying for except the archives."

which they are charging what for?

35,000-43,000 x 29.95 = 1,???,???

This information is all based on our time and our effort building these archives.

Just think if you wrote post #51 on a post last year? So now you are not allowed to read it unless you pay them your input.

THEY ARE CHARGING YOU FOR YOUR INPUT AND WITHOUT YOU THEY ARE NOTHING.

It was fun while it lasted, this WILL be my last post,
Christian

S

SuperJfunk

Mar 15, 2009
Are you paying attention AT ALL?

There are ad banners all over THIS site.

It is still one of the slowest to load, regardless of all the improvements.

There is a LOT of evidence to suggest this is a money grab for Christopher.

The coup de grace is that the content has gone to the dogs, as has the traffic despite the propoganda you appearantly buy into.

There isn't going to be anything worth paying for except the archives.

NOBODY has EVER said they just couldn't come up with the money, NOBODY.

Talk about a stupid argument.

Nope, not paying attention at all...... at least to the majority of the bullcrap going on. I'm sorry you don't feel like you're going to gain anything worthwhile on this site and the content has "gone to the dogs." If that's the way you feel, don't post and don't join. It's definitely an individual choice.

I personally feel that having the ability to utilize the resources on SW with ease is worth it, to me. There are other sources no doubt, which one would be dumb not to draw from. Do I really care if some guy is getting a few of my pennies? Maybe, maybe not, who really knows if there's a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow.

To me though there are more important things for me to think about like getting my sleds ready to ride & planning where to go. If I can avoid a nights worth of work with some valuable info, check riding conditions, and maybe find a used part at a fraction of the cost, i've saved myself time and money. Riding is my sport, wrenching is one of my favorite hobbies. Much ado about a forum that exists in cyberspace isn't exactly at the top of my list.

My time is valuable, as i'm sure is yours. Do I want to wait for slowest to load? NO!! Sledding is a lifelong sport, and without the support of all the clubs and communities it wouldn't be nearly as much fun nor as rewarding. This is why I choose to donate to not only SW but many other sledding and backcountry awareness communities. If it takes a couple dollars, so be it. The only time i'll be looking back is from the top. Maybe the next time I get cell service up there i'll check in here and see how far the complaining is getting everyone.

Edit - On another note, do I expect everyone to pay? Nope, not at all. I can, and I choose to. If you choose differently, great. Remember no one is forcing you... I truly hope the free members still find this site useful. In the meantime, some of us will bear a portion of the brunt to upgrade the site for everyone.

Last edited:

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Nope, not paying attention at all...... at least to the majority of the bullcrap going on. I'm sorry you don't feel like you're going to gain anything worthwhile on this site and the content has "gone to the dogs." If that's the way you feel, don't post and don't join. It's definitely an individual choice.

I personally feel that having the ability to utilize the resources on SW with ease is worth it, to me. There are other sources no doubt, which one would be dumb not to draw from. Do I really care if some guy is getting a few of my pennies? Maybe, maybe not, who really knows if there's a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow.

To me though there are more important things for me to think about like getting my sleds ready to ride & planning where to go. If I can avoid a nights worth of work with some valuable info, check riding conditions, and maybe find a used part at a fraction of the cost, i've saved myself time and money. Riding is my sport, wrenching is one of my favorite hobbies. Much ado about a forum that exists in cyberspace isn't exactly at the top of my list.

My time is valuable, as i'm sure is yours. Do I want to wait for slowest to load? NO!! Sledding is a lifelong sport, and without the support of all the clubs and communities it wouldn't be nearly as much fun nor as rewarding. This is why I choose to donate to not only SW but many other sledding and backcountry awareness communities. If it takes a couple dollars, so be it. The only time i'll be looking back is from the top. Maybe the next time I get cell service up there i'll check in here and see how far the complaining is getting everyone.

You go 8 poster, you have a lot to add for having contributed a whole 8 posts over a year period. Pathetic!!

S

SuperJfunk

Mar 15, 2009
Apparently the number of posts now dictates the validity of opinions. You go basic free member, keep trolling.

Care-o-meter

0 :.I.........................................................................................: 100

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Boy I hope Im not #51
Its not the ten buck come you turds,,,,,,,, it what it is one guy helping another. Not everyone on here needs help some just like the topic, because they are sled heads and they offer a tip or a warning or a "how to" Do many of you think the helpers will pay ? NO !!! other wise they should be payed. Not to mention not many like the feeling you get in your gut when you know someone is taking advantage of a stituation. Greed.

E
Jan 18, 2008
St. Paul, AB
I'm done here too, not going to take my money out of my pocket to give info to people, its ok when its me helping another guy or vice versa and it costs nothing more than a few minutes. Now the measely $10 is peanuts I know, but lets get real, between the ads and the membership fees there is alot of money involved, typical money scheme, $10 here and there doesn't sound like alot but when theres tens of thousands of people buying in it adds up in a hurry.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Have fun paying the dealer 50 bucks EVERY TIME to get the same info right on this helpful site, not only info but cheap parts in the swapmeet. HAVE FUN on your other sites......

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Have fun paying the dealer 50 bucks EVERY TIME to get the same info right on this helpful site, not only info but cheap parts in the swapmeet. HAVE FUN on your other sites......

That only happens when you ride a poolarise!!! Just kidding. Doo-Talk has more info for the Ski-Doo crowd than SW. :wof:

O
Dec 6, 2007
some of us will bear a portion of the brunt to upgrade the site for everyone.

You bit, took it hook line and sinker without even questioning it. The advertiser base here was bringing in more than enough money to support and upgrade the site. All you have done is line the pockets of some hack.

I am glad you THINK you will be able to come here for quality advice. I think you are kidding yourself.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008

Thats your worry dude :)

The guys that help make this site what it is are not worrying about going to there dealer.

The other sites have catagories for M - summit ect now there will just be more mountain guys :) Do you think all us flatlanders are not on sites ??? or know little compaired to other snowmobilers. Some other sites are very good and still free :) and now have more reason to pick up advertisers that are on this site.
This site is probably cashing in to cash out. ever seen that happen before.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
well i am comming down to my last few posts on this fourm, and i want to thank SW for that, its always sad when this happens, see you latter guys, maybe on the hill:face-icon-small-hap

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
I don't have anything useful to add that hasn't been said before. So...

1224080305319fpicnik.jpg

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
Why pay?? Ha all the other sites will never have the amount of info on this one.

And this site will no longer have the ammount of quality info that it used to with the extraordinary ammount of people that are displeased and leaving. I'm not sure what kind of good you see coming out of this, since a lot of members that frequently post on here are on several other sites already.......whatever. when this place sucks and you run out of sh*t to talk about, we'll make sure not to let ya get any free info from us on snow and mud, or arctic chat, or bcr,or hcs........

have fun on here, im sure it will get a lot quieter

S

SpokaneRMK

Oct 29, 2004
Spokane, WA
Its sad when a guy "christopher" that joined the forums in 2008 can come in and ruin one of the best things that has happened to the snowmobiling industry. We have been on these forums for years now, and now we have to switch to other sites because there are money hungry people taking over what used to be free and helpful. I guess the internet business must be good, able to go out and buy three new sleds in one year. Later

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
man alive...its amazing how fast the alienation is happening between the basic and paid members...i was really pessimistic about the direction this site was going...and whether right or wrong this great divide that has been festering between the two groups in such a very short time is astonishing...and never ever an inkling of anything like this happening with my fears of the worst...man im sure saddened by christians departure...read his posts..what an awesome contributor...as with alot and i mean alot of guys going...msn.ca...msn.com...goggle....facebook....snowandmud...yahoo...and thousands and thousands of sites that require hundreds of times the equipment and commiment then this site does have no need to charge a penny...everyone that has paid says its only 10 bucks...blah blah blah...well ten bucks sent to UNICEF CAN SAVE A LIFE..!!...so all you premium members save a life lately...its only ten bucks..??..

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
its ordinary people out there that have made this site great. they provided the site with the information. it didnt just magically form and you stuck it on here and called it yours. this is the wikipedia of snowmobiles, and wikipedia is free, mind you! the information on the forums here, which makes up the majority of the useage of the site is the direct result of the work thousands of members have put in, and have you ever had members trying to tell you they want money from everyone that views their posts?

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Its funny that the vast majority of people that have been here to help are the ones that are being pushed away. Search through my thousands of posts and see how many questions I have asked, and how many I have answered. I spend an average of 2 hours every day on here with about 90% helpful posts.

How many threads have I been a part of that have helped many many people, many of which I can no longer be a part of.

This is worse than a pimp. At least a pimp doesn't charge his girls.

Sorry for all the people I am no longer helping over here. You all know where you can find me.

Bye

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Its sad when a guy "christopher" that joined the forums in 2008 can come in and ruin one of the best things that has happened to the snowmobiling industry. We have been on these forums for years now, and now we have to switch to other sites because there are money hungry people taking over what used to be free and helpful. I guess the internet business must be good, able to go out and buy three new sleds in one year. Later

That didn't even have a sled until this season.

Premium Features