• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ok fine

heinracing

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mina sd
Post #2179330 - Bad QuadsWest
bwhaahaaha keep your codes and shut up! go back to BACKRUB CUZZ RETARDED!

hey steve woods glad to see you can still make a sentence....

steve woods

also known as

woodies and a few other names

nice alter

N
Jan 28, 2010
Whoever runs this site is dumber than a box of rocks. I've been around a lot of forums over the years and have never seen anybody try and make a site totally pay with the exception of some aviation sites that bring way more value than this place.

Owner thought he found a cash cow.. members pulled a mass exodus.. good job bonehead!

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Just for everyones information,as there are new sled related forums starting up all the time,I know of four in the last four years,and with the same amount of advertisers who are advertising on all these different sites,advertising dollars are beening spread thin.
With what it costs to be able to run a site and advertising dollars getting smaller where does the money come from,tough economic times so sponsors of all these sites still have the same budget,so they renegotiate and give lesser amounts to advertise to keep these sites going.
But as these sites grow operating costs go up,eg...bigger better,faster, servers...
I think we will see more forums going to a pay to use site,that is if they want to survive.
Just check out this link and you will see what I mean:www.snowandmud.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=705881
I do not believe in internet fights and if you will notice I have stayed out of all this and kept my posts to sledding and sledding conditions but this is the future.
I really hope this helps clear a few things up and now I am going to go back to being a helpful poster on conditions on the section that I have been put in charge of.

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:
Premium Features