• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RKT is a mod???

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S
Nov 26, 2007
Welcome to totallyamaha. This place will be the same where the advertisers get there products pushed down your throat and you cant give an honest opinion on there products because the thread gets pulled or you get blackballed.

Thanks for making this forum about a worthless place to visit anymore.

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
It seems that they let anyone be a mod on this site.............the credibility is falling like a lead balloon.:eek:

Yea, apparently watching for bad posts in the Idaho section must take some special training.:rolleyes: Tell you what you want it pm me and I'll pm Chris and tell him to give it to you. They asked me not the other way a around.;)

And MR mn mod that doesn't get it. Go spend some time in the mod/perf section and read the bb vs pump gas turbo threads and you will under stand why a performance product dealer shouldn't be a mod on here. Putting them in the postition to pull competitors posts/mod them in any way shape or form shouldn't be allowed. That a bit easier for you to get? If its a dealer that just sells a product like heinracing then its not a problem to have them as a mod since they have no agenda since they aren't on here trying to sell a product that they own and develop. Clear?

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Yea, apparently watching for bad posts in the Idaho section must take some special training.:rolleyes: Tell you what you want it pm me and I'll pm Chris and tell him to give it to you. They asked me not the other way a around.;)

And MR mn mod that doesn't get it. Go spend some time in the mod/perf section and read the bb vs pump gas turbo threads and you will under stand why a performance product dealer shouldn't be a mod on here. Putting them in the postition to pull competitors posts/mod them in any way shape or form shouldn't be allowed. That a bit easier for you to get? If its a dealer that just sells a product like heinracing then its not a problem to have them as a mod since they have no agenda since they aren't on here trying to sell a product that they own and develop. Clear?
haha, glad I'm not the only one, But I've explained all that once already :rolleyes:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Your not comparing apples to apples here, freeagent sells snowmobile stuff, and kelsey sells performance stuff , huge difference and if you don't get it I am not going to take the time to explain it.

no explanation needed...cause none could ever be provided that would make sense...it is apples to apples...regardless i think they both are an asset and i have no issue with them being mods

R
Nov 26, 2007
no explanation needed...cause none could ever be provided that would make sense...it is apples to apples...regardless i think they both are an asset and i have no issue with them being mods

It's called a conflict of interest, and it has the potential to jepardize the integrity of this site. No vendor or aftermarket company with a product or products based within the snowmobile industry should ever be Mod on snowest.

No one is saying any of these vendors or aftermarket companies are bad or have bad intentetions. Its about avoiding a situation where one of these company/vendor (moderators) is in a position to exploit the snowest forums and its members in a way to benifit themselves.

That is the principle of the matter.

My .02
Good Luck.

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
LMAO noiiiice Dad real nice. Sometimes you're such a blunt azz d*ck :face-icon-small-hap

Just to keep it fair you guys better get SLIM signed up for moderator..lol

Whats the world coming to......:eek:

I really didn't have much of an opinion about the changes but having mods
who are also trying to sell thier stuff and has had some of the pi$$ing matchs
I've seen on here is a complete JOKE...

So much for beening able to air/argue a point/problem, will it just be removed or edited????

What were you guys thinking?????

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Welcome to totallyamaha. This place will be the same where the advertisers get there products pushed down your throat and you cant give an honest opinion on there products because the thread gets pulled or you get blackballed.

Thanks for making this forum about a worthless place to visit anymore.

More like Welcome to Hardcoresledder.com or as I should say the new BIKEMAN performance website. I am about to leave that place for good.

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
I was asked to be a Mod on here for my little Oregon section. I didn't ask I was nominated PERIOD. If me being a Mod is a problem then i will step down. I DON'T delete,edit or screw with anyones's post's. If there is a post on here that is questionable or just out of line i PM that person and ask THEM to change it. I am NOT shoving any of MY products down anybody's throats nor am I bashing things I don't sell on this forum. So tell me now do you guys want me to step down,because i will.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Michelle, you will do a fine job as a mod. There are other vendors on here that would do a good job as a mod. also.

A few of the other vendors on here should not be mods because they are always pushing there junk products down people throats.

Sturgis Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2003
Sturgis, SD
I was asked to be a Mod on here for my little Oregon section. I didn't ask I was nominated PERIOD. If me being a Mod is a problem then i will step down. I DON'T delete,edit or screw with anyones's post's. If there is a post on here that is questionable or just out of line i PM that person and ask THEM to change it. I am NOT shoving any of MY products down anybody's throats nor am I bashing things I don't sell on this forum. So tell me now do you guys want me to step down,because i will.

I don't think anyone has a problem with a person being a mod in a section about snow conditions, UNLESS you say owned a lodge in that region and always said " You guys are missing it the snow is EPIC" and it is the middle of August or the snow is marginal. There is a big difference though should you be a dealer/parts mfr./parts rep and your moderating THAT section, that is BS there can be no objectivity, because even if you try to stay impartial it could never be 100% impartial. I know if someone got on here and started trashing your business because they got shafted (right or wrong) by you or your staff, you can never look impartial

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
No. There is no need for ANY mod to step down until they screw up. PERIOD.

Kelsey and I have had some rough times in the past. He has strong opinions about his product. Who cares?? Until he acts out one of these hypothetical situations that you crystal ball readers seem to believe will happen, leave the guy alone.

What I get out of reading these posts is that a good portion of you would rather have people that have little or no real world sledding expirience. People that DONT work on sleds every day trying to make them better, people that DONT come up with new ideas to fix problems, and people that DONT see first hand testing on the product so they dont know what the real issues are. You would rather have joe blow who happens to be on the forums alot offering his advice. WTF??

Do you even realize what a mod is supose to do?? We are supposed to be a deterrent for unruly behavior, put threads in the correct location and try to add information to the forum. Its that last part that is the main reason to have a mod. People like Kelsey and mmsports do a ton of testing. They have a ton of knowledge about different fields within snowmobiling. Why wouldnt you want them bringing up information for the rest of the forum to see?? It is information that is coming from the mouths of smart guys. Guys that have made it in the business world of building hotrod parts for snowmobiles.

Maybe you dont agree with how the guy promotes his product or whatever but if he does his job as a mod and offers valuable information to the forum, who cares?? I oversee any move that Kelsey makes in the Doo forum. I havent seen him do ANYTHING that is out of line. There is no way that Kelsey or any other mod would delete a post that is in opposition to their product or that says something negative about their product. He or any other mod that did so would be promptly and unceremoniously removed and quite possibly blocked from the forum.

I dont see why everybody is getting their panties in a bunch over this. There are checks all the way up the system. If somebody fouls up (like deleting the post of a competitor!) they are removed. That simple.

Flame away but thats how it is. Im got flamed because I support R&D turbos. Doesnt mean that Im going to go out and delete Turbo Performance, Absolute Power, or CPI posts. It means I support R&D. Oh freakin well. Im entitled to an opinion just like Kelsey is and whether our name is in red or not, we still have our opinions. Does having our name in red automatically mean we get an unfair advantage supporting and promoting our products in Red?? I think not. I think it is actually somewhat of a disadvantage as we are set up for members to take pot shots at us full time.

JMO

Jake

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
Your right been down that road and i will have to admit i freakin LOST it. No excuse for it but at the time i was not a MOD. I have to keep it check now....maybe being a MOD will be a good thing for me.....LOL. FYI the snow is NOT epic in oregon right now.

Thanks sidehill ya know i luv ya i was worried thats all i don't want ANYONE thinking I am on a power trip cuz i so am not!

Michelle

Sturgis Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2003
Sturgis, SD
Do you even realize what a mod is supose to do??

There was no problem with any of this before Snowest became home to 500 sections, Big Darrin watched for unruly behavior (I still can't believe he suspended me), and no one had a problem with putting topics in the right thread. The reason it seems that there are sooo many mods is that there is TOO many topics/categories. This is a snowmobile site for mountain guys that want to ride in the mountains, not chat, or hunt thru all of the topics to answer someones question, or read about some newbie that wonders if his new 121" track is better than his old one. Piss of the "elders" and they will go and when they do so does all of that info in their heads. I don't want to hang out on Newbiewest and apparently neither do a lot of other guys.

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
You know what?? You may have a point but it doesnt much matter. I dont own this site and niether do you. The people that do can run it any darn way they want to.

If I were you I would just get used to it and make it work for you as best you can. Until somebody decides that it needs to change back, this is how it is.

The site still seems to work well for me.

Jake

Premium Features