• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Re 1/28

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Just a quick note to inform that it has DUMPED @ the Ears and Buff. Yesterday Ski-laxn and I drove a total of 8 hours to ride 4 hours and only 22 miles. Weather was snowing between 2-3 inches an hour at times, visibility was about as bad as it gets. We figure we actually saw about 15 of the 22 miles ridden. Powder shots in the face and goggle constantly made you shake your head or tap your helmet to release the copious amounts of Pow.

When it was all over, we raised our periscopes only to find it was still snowing freekin' hard.....got back to the truck to another 8" on the truck and by the time we left, there was 10" on the truck.

We missed the Blue Bird day on Tuesday but had a fantastic time surfing in the fluff anyway.

This weekend should be stellar..............if you can find a place to park.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Please delete this thread to keep the area from getting flooded and overcrowded. The snow conditions actually suck! Very little snow cover, landmines galore and stumps like you wouldn't believe.

You are better staying at home and watching the pre Super Bowl BS!

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Nice! Wish I could have been there to participate in the goin nowhere quick riding. I love those day your odometer says 50 but you barely get 3 miles from the lot :) Waitin on a primary....Was planning on staying home this weekend and fixing all the broke stuff, but that's going to be tough now.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Thanks Chuck for posting the few pics that were taken. Always amazes me how the pics just don't relay the reality of the day.:confused:

Crazy amounts of snow in a short period.

Billy............just rub it in.........but my 4 place is warmer than your sled-deck:face-icon-small-ton

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Totally understand where you're coming from..........and I totally understand about not wanting our little honey-holes to be broadcast to the masses but, I think the secret is out on RE.;)

One of these days Ralph I hope to meet you. We have a common friend (JR). maybe we can meet at the forum ride.

Laterz,

Quinton

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Totally understand where you're coming from..........and I totally understand about not wanting our little honey-holes to be broadcast to the masses but, I think the secret is out on RE.;)

One of these days Ralph I hope to meet you. We have a common friend (JR). maybe we can meet at the forum ride.

Laterz,

Quinton

JR is coming up Saturday (I hope) tag along, I would like to finally make it up to Buff Pass

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We rode RE today and it was the most insane thing I've ever seen. I got SCHOOLED today. Went 21.6 miles and was within a mile or two of the lot. Unfreaking real snow you guys have here. This is right after an impromptu trip over the bars and down a tree well.

IMG_0114.jpg

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO

Quinton

Totally dude! I was in the 'boat' today and also noticed the freshies, dry and wispy! I didnt know you guys were riding so, i drove on thru but i did have the sled with me.........thanks for the invite!

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
They rode Wed Ray...

Wow, Montana boys comin to CO? Must be good here. lol Don't tell no one else now :)

Premium Features