• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

back fire

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
hey guys,
for the last couple of weekends my sled has started to backfire when i shut it off every once in a while. would running on the lean side cause this or what? its an 04 rev and i am running 360's in it at about 5-7000 feet i think. i looked at my plugs and they are light after a bunch of running around climbing and such so im getting a little leary about it. i have asked a couple poeple how they look and i have gotten that they looked a little on the lean side and other say that they look good. im thinking i might wanna jump up to 370's just to be safe. its running REALLY good and that is starting to scair me a little lol. ill take some pics of the plugs and post them on here tonight. if anyone could enlighten me that would be great! thanks in advance!
cheers!:D:beer;
cajun

A
Mar 26, 2008
Montreal Quebec.
not just you...

have friends with bumble bees....XPs....and we stand around looking at people :rolleyes: to see how high they jump from the sound...:D sometimes it does not happen... but more often it does... i really thought that was normal... had a summit and it did it all the time.... just have fun with it...no smell and no oil for me...yam... turn the key...boy... i sound old

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
It is just excess fuel after you shut off the ignition and the heat in the pipe ignites it--not a lean thing. Nothing to sweat.

H20SKE...

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
lol thanks guys. i pulled my plgs to take some pics but they were lookin pirdy rich but i forgot that i ran it really easy back to the truck since i was poping and blurbling about 1/2 mile from the truck! awsome powder day and i already used up the gas in our spare so i was takin it easy ha ha. thanks guys!

Premium Features