• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

UTV's tear mirror lake/soapstone up...12/14/18...

snownman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
We went riding up mirror lake/soapstone last friday, had a mechanical fail on a sled and towed the sled back to the trailer. there were at least 10 side by sides plus atv's fired up in the parking lot getting ready to go tear up everything they could. I called the forest service and they told me it was a state issue not a thing they could do. they gave me some phone numbers that went NO where...i have heard they wrecked the SNOWMOBILE trails. MY mistake for not photographing the truck plate numbers. What can we do to stop this? Next time i will call the highway patrol...

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
We went riding up mirror lake/soapstone last friday, had a mechanical fail on a sled and towed the sled back to the trailer. there were at least 10 side by sides plus atv's fired up in the parking lot getting ready to go tear up everything they could. I called the forest service and they told me it was a state issue not a thing they could do. they gave me some phone numbers that went NO where...i have heard they wrecked the SNOWMOBILE trails. MY mistake for not photographing the truck plate numbers. What can we do to stop this? Next time i will call the highway patrol...

This was posted on Facebook Yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/1477262249...bZI53BgM437mtJ1aMa6yhWya3IOVPgkb&__tn__=EHH-R
zzz.png

Last edited:

snownman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Im sure...

it's the same group. Next time, they won't have a good day...Arrested, Impounded, fined...

Skidoox

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2001
Provo, UT
Call the DNR

Phone: 801-538-4700

I will see if I can find an after hours number.

Skidoox

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2001
Provo, UT
This is the phone number I got from the DNR

The best person to contact if is Aaron Hone. His phone number is (801)420-2226 and he is our Division liaison for the grooming operations within the Mirror Lake grooming complex.

Always war

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2012
Utah
Seems to happen every year. I’ve seen side by sides and jeeps. One time I seen one of those POS Audi A4’s stuck on the groomed trail up center street in heber. Luckily they never seem to get to far. I think they need a little education, and maybe even a ticket, but arrested and impounded....c’mon now.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
me too

Yeah, I rode nobletts up to wolf creek last saturday and there was two big parallel ditches the whole way up. Terrible.

Premium Features