• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Highway 35 Parking Mill Hollow Soapstone

S
Jan 8, 2018
Thinking about heading up tomorrow. Are there places to park on Hwy 35 to access Mill Hollow and Soapstone easily?

Thanks Guys
Rob

Carp

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ya, the side of the road. Take a small trailer if possible. I can’t believe they leave this road open nowadays. Ruins snowmobiling access up there. Let the people drive around. The season is short enough as is.

S
Jan 8, 2018
Hey thanks Carp!
I agree. I have a 24' enclosed so that probably rules me out for a trip up there tomorrow.
Do you know anything about conditions on Mirror Lake Hwy to access Soapstone?
Maybe I'll just head up to Logan Canyon.

I really appreciate the input. I wish this forum was more active. I have a really hard time finding trailhead conditions.

I will always post my trip reports here. Maybe we can drum up more activity on here.

Thanks Again.
Rob

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
The Mirror Lake Hwy gate is closed at the Soapstone parking lot. So riding from there toward Mirror Lake pass or riding toward Soapstone should be good to go and easier to park then Rt. 35 / Mill Hollow. Not sure if trails have been groomed yet from Soapstone parking lot? Mill Hollow road was groomed last Sunday when we road. I was told by a Forest Service patrol that the Nobletts gate on Rt 35 is supposed to be closed on 12/21. If we don't get more snow by then I would think that date would be pushed off.

S
Jan 8, 2018
Dude
Thank you very much for the info.
I think we'll head up to Soapstone via Mirror Lake Hwy. Grooming reports say that Soapstone was groomed on the 13th
I'll post a report when we get back.

Premium Features