• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Guys with MTNTK Turbos

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
Correct jmcx. my pto rod bearing went. maybe just a bad bearing but Indy dan said 99% sure it was an oiling issue. Motor out and long rod kit in and back up and running. Indy Specialties is top notch! Great service, t not had him balance my primary too. Fingers crossed leave for out west in a week. Anyone try MDS turbo weights yet?

It could be an oiling issue, but not from removing those lines. They get lots of oil from the turbo. It is from poor rod design.
Why don't you work with weights from Dan, if you are working with him on your engine anyway.
I have his long rod with my Mtntk turbo, Dans turbo weights and custom helix.

S

sno-addict

Oct 21, 2008
Has anyone had problems keeping that that pto rod bearing oiled after pulling the line from that side?

Did you make sure to turn your oil pump up? I also add a little oil to each tank of fuel as cheap insurance.

diggity

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2010
Yep. Dan told me to turn it up 5 full turns and mix 50:1 first 2 tanks 75:1 next 2 tanks and 100:1 for life of the motor. I wondering if 5 turns is to much. I understand the directions Mtntk sent with the kit pertaining to the oil pump just curious how many turns you guys have done? When I pulled the motor out my reeds were soaked so it must have been getting oiled right? Little scared here, leaving on a trip out west next Tuesday.

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Have you been comparing your oil and gas usage to get a rough idea of the ratio?

diggity

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2010
Yep, 600 non boosted 10 miles boosted till bearing failure. most likely a poo issue not mtntk. did get out for first rip today. burned through 3/4 tank in þwohrs of ditch banging. seems thirsty, oil tank dropped an inch from full. Also pre mixing 50:1 per Indy Dan's recommendations and oil pump turned up 5 turns. running real rich, plugs were black, pot side not as black. shouldn't they be the same? I'm guessing I should wait to adjust my oil pump till after I've run the premix through and done another plug check correct? thanks for the help everyone.

diggity

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2010
Up a togwotee right now. Running the stock Mtntk cutching. I having trouble pulling 68g Polaris wieghts. 7950 I adjusted my waste gate spring so 10 threads are showing and can only seem to get about 6 lbs boost and can't rev over 8000. Any help?

S

sno-addict

Oct 21, 2008
Even the more tight you set the waste gate still no rpm increase? If so that's odd. I would keep tightening the gate until you tach out...

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
you have to turn in way more than that. I cranked mine way in and could only get about 8psi and no more.

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
you have to turn in way more than that. I cranked mine way in and could only get about 8psi and no more.

strange...last year I was adjusting from 6#'s up to 8#'s on the mtn doing short wot pulls up a hill and adjusted to far and saw 10#'s at one point (bullydog guage 9500ft mtntk clutching)
this year I have a heavier spring per Shawn's recommendation for running 12 #'s and up

Just FYI I know forums are great and all but the guys at MTNTK are very easy to get a hold of especially during business hours call and ask for Shawn he'll help and answer all your questions...even the dumb/simple ones part of the reason I went with MTNTK was for the customer service

Last edited:

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
http://youtu.be/L9KxKe4JRW0

This was my first trip with MTNTK turbo. Running heavier spring and the latest tune. Running Daltons in the primary at 69.8 grams. Stock secondary. Pulling 8050 rpm at 8 lbs boost. Also running a 174 X3. Ran awesome all weekend. Pulls way better and more responsive than my buddies MTNTK pro with last years map and older spring.

diggity

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2010
Thanks guys for your input, I did call Shawn and he helped me out. I wasn't tightening the spring enough. Cranked it and ran 10 lbs all day. Was a completely different machine.

Premium Features