• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil-less turbo question

M

momac16

Mar 12, 2015
I am looking to purchase a DB turbo for next season and wondering the advantages or disadvantages of the oil-less turbo option. Is anyone running a oil-less turbo please weigh in.
Thanks
Mark

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I rode my buddies and expected more from engagement to where it really spools. He had the mta. I would save some money and just do the basic kit with gt2860. Supposed to be way better on bottom. Don't get me wrong, his ran good but was just lacking from right when it engaged to when the power really hit. If you were going 5 MPh you wouldn't even notice it but if you want to set sled without really going anywhere you will. Burandt took it off one of his sleds and put a GT 2860 back on

M

momac16

Mar 12, 2015
Thanks, that helps put it in perspective. I like the idea of an oil-less turbo. Just not sure of the reliability and what would be involved to service the unit. My brothers 2012 pro with a BD kit has been flawless and i am ready to jump full in. Just not sure what options to go with.

Premium Features