• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help me identify this modded 670 engine ,

I picked up this 97 summit last year with a burnt hole for 400 bones .
and I started to check out the engine to see what i needed to fix .
It has some nice port work block and cyl.

but the sleaves stick up further than the cyl. ( i have never seen this before !)

The union bay domes are shaved for for the taller sleaves. It had the single pipe and a alum can.

I talked to the previous owner and he didnt have any info other than IT FREAKIN RIPS !!
Sled came out of idaho falls area.
I got some pics of it if need be ...

THANKS FOR PASSING ON SOME INFO.

I put my twin piped 583 U.B. headed one in for now , but I would reall love to run the modded mill.

LATER ,
J

Last edited:
found some info on cyl.

it has 80.8? mm pistons and on the cylinders there is some markings ,
unionbaycyl1.jpg

any info would be great

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Standard bore is 78...either overbore or a 740??? UBR did some very nice running 740's....does it have the shorty intake/RV cover?

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
thats a Union Bay motor...if its only a 80.5mm piston its a 700 cc motor...would need to see piston to verify...but the kawaski 750 watercraft uses a 80 mm that works in ski-doo...the next step up was the 700 polaris piston 81 mm for a 720 and then a 740 was a 82 mm piston from 780 sea-doo...BJ

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Yup UBR built her. Original owner said it dynoed quite high.....so high I don't wanna say cause I think it's a bit of BS, but he said it was dynoed at the old UBR before it was put into his race sled. At any rate it was the fastest 700 I've seen to date.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
40 Rounds? I'd do it.
I'm running Jaws twins an and 44mm roundslides. Pods, and TRA primary with a Cat Secondary. It's all wrapped up in a CR Racing ZX chassis. Will be on the snow again next season at some point.

Premium Features