• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Something just hit me.....Who is really running this place?

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
well I know that since snowest went to a pay site that I have been checking daily user numbers on the forum main page, been checking them between 6 and 8 pm every day that I am near a computer.. and the downward trend of members online has been dwindling steadily down(at least a consistent 1/3 less)and anyone who says that we are gaining in daily membership is wrong....now I do wonder how many of those 11000 gained are just altered accounts, closed but not deleted members accounts and other non participating members? must be quite a bit....I know this, I used to have to go thru over 500 new thread post everyday, now days it runs in the 250 to 350 new threads posted on each day..(clicking on "new post" at night when I get home from work...)

I have no way to know that info personally.

dsp81

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2005
Again, this was not brought up with the purpose of ridiculing someone's religion, it was brought up in the context of how certain people feel righteous in their actions which can cause them to go about things in very different ways than the rest of us would.
I guess I don't understand what you mean then. You say you don't want to ridicule any person's religion, and then ridicule Christopher's. You veil your attack as an attack on "fundamentalism." But you really don't know what Christopher believes in.

But for all the claims of myself being unable to grasp the point, you seem to have the same problem. So I'll sum it up succinctly for you: Christopher's religious beliefs are off limits, no matter what they may be. I think anyone who criticizes his religious beliefs, no matter how it is veiled, is a punk.

Well said Backcountryislife, but DSP81figures to be one of these people who isn't gonna get it till unfortunately, the extremists of whatever, religion, politics, environmentalists,etc come to his house and negatively affect him or his loved ones. Till then, I agree, he sounds pretty dense. Not being mean pal, just calling it like it is.
You sir, sound like a "fitter inner", and that must suck for u.
Right, if I don't agree with your assessment of an issue, then I'm "dense." I'd love to have a discussion about "extremists," but I'm not sure you'd make it much past the issuance of specious generalizations. And again, this is a snowmobile forum, why do you think it's okay to call someone out as a religious "extremist?"

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Here is what we know about ALTERS..

Threads: 156,121,
Members: 44,912,
Active Members: 17,229
(this number will now start to nose dive as the season is rapidly ending)

Known Alter Accounts: 1,832

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
I guess I don't understand what you mean then. You say you don't want to ridicule any person's religion, and then ridicule Christopher's. You veil your attack as an attack on "fundamentalism." But you really don't know what Christopher believes in.

But for all the claims of myself being unable to grasp the point, you seem to have the same problem. So I'll sum it up succinctly for you: Christopher's religious beliefs are off limits, no matter what they may be. I think anyone who criticizes his religious beliefs, no matter how it is veiled, is a punk.

Right, if I don't agree with your assessment of an issue, then I'm "dense." I'd love to have a discussion about "extremists," but I'm not sure you'd make it much past the issuance of specious generalizations. And again, this is a snowmobile forum, why do you think it's okay to call someone out as a religious "extremist?"

Oh no, the truth is, after reading most of your posts the last while, I'd think you're dense whether you agreed with me or not. I imagine your fluent use of seldom used adjectives and other flowery methods of coloring the language make you feel a bit superior to the masses, but sorry butter-cup, it just ain't so. You are actually quite transparent.

dsp81

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2005
Oh no, the truth is, after reading most of your posts the last while, I'd think you're dense whether you agreed with me or not. I imagine your fluent use of seldom used adjectives and other flowery methods of coloring the language make you feel a bit superior to the masses, but sorry butter-cup, it just ain't so. You are actually quite transparent.
You can insult me if makes you feel better. But I'm still awaiting an intelligent discussion on the "shade" and "extremism." All I ask for is a simple explanation why it would be at all appropriate on a snowmobile forum to attack a person's religious practices (especially when it's very apparent you haven't a clue what you are talking about). The "if-you-don't-know-then-ur-dumb" act is cute, but alas a vacuous hole for fecal matter (that's for you, partner).

Last edited:
S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
You can insult me if makes you feel better. But I'm still awaiting an intelligent discussion on the "shade" and "extremism." All I ask for is a simple explanation why it would be at all appropriate on a snowmobile forum to attack a person's religious practices (especially when it's very apparent you haven't a clue what you are talking about). The "if-you-don't-know-then-ur-dumb" act is cute, but alas a vacuous hole for fecal matter (that's for you, partner).

Its not an act, if u haven't actually figured out what some of these people are referring to.......you must be dumb, but thats OK, cause you think you are quite smart, and thats a good thing, makes looking in the mirror easier I'll bet. And....yes, I am cute.

And fecal matter is an appropriate description for what u r spewing.

P.S. are you ever boring. Let me guess, this is about the most exposure you get to a lot of sledders, especially the insufferable louts that swear, drink alcohol, look at pictures of naked women, and make fun of each other about their ancestry, looks, weight, girlfriends/wives, jobs, sled they ride, truck they drive, mullets, etc etc. Well news flash buttercup, thats what some fellas like to do, and they tease their buddies worse than anyone else. And ya know what, it can be fun, unless you are a thinskinned, overly sensitive, namby pamby, wussy who thinks that he's above all that, you sir are gonna stand out sorta like a new guy in sled camp in his green & purple Cat leathers riding his 93 T Cat with the triple pipes and burnt out stinger.
He's gonna get noticed, and teased, and picked on, thats just the way it is. Imagine the fun we could have if that individual was of East Indian heritage, or maybe from Britain or Australia, or maybe a recent immigrant from Japan. Now that would be a hoot eh ? Or if he was an ordained minister, a pastor or a religious zealot of whatever faith, I think we and he are gonna have a lot of fun, especially if you throw in a bottle of Captains Spiced.
Unless you or your pals were there, to pitch a pan of cold water on it cause u think its just not right to discuss or tease about religion or any other topic you deem improper.
Well tough fecal matter hotshot, get over yourself, most sledders are on here to learn, share experiences and .....have a bit of fun. Your thinking seems a bit one dimensional. (but your verbage is quite eloquent)

dsp81

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2005
Its not an act, if u haven't actually figured out what some of these people are referring to.......you must be dumb, but thats OK, cause you think you are quite smart, and thats a good thing, makes looking in the mirror easier I'll bet. And....yes, I am cute.

And fecal matter is an appropriate description for what u r spewing.

P.S. are you ever boring. Let me guess, this is about the most exposure you get to a lot of sledders, especially the insufferable louts that swear, drink alcohol, look at pictures of naked women, and make fun of each other about their ancestry, looks, weight, girlfriends/wives, jobs, sled they ride, truck they drive, mullets, etc etc. Well news flash buttercup, thats what some fellas like to do, and they tease their buddies worse than anyone else. And ya know what, it can be fun, unless you are a thinskinned, overly sensitive, namby pamby, wussy who thinks that he's above all that, you sir are gonna stand out sorta like a new guy in sled camp in his green & purple Cat leathers riding his 93 T Cat with the triple pipes and burnt out stinger.
He's gonna get noticed, and teased, and picked on, thats just the way it is. Imagine the fun we could have if that individual was of East Indian heritage, or maybe from Britain or Australia, or maybe a recent immigrant from Japan. Now that would be a hoot eh ? Or if he was an ordained minister, a pastor or a religious zealot of whatever faith, I think we and he are gonna have a lot of fun, especially if you throw in a bottle of Captains Spiced.
Unless you or your pals were there, to pitch a pan of cold water on it cause u think its just not right to discuss or tease about religion or any other topic you deem improper.
Well tough fecal matter hotshot, get over yourself, most sledders are on here to learn, share experiences and .....have a bit of fun. Your thinking seems a bit one dimensional. (but your verbage is quite eloquent)

I have figured it out. I just think it's a load of crap. I guess if that makes me dumb, then so be it. If the ability to construct a coherent sentence is something to be embarrassed about, then consider me embarrassed.

You really know nothing about me, yet make sweeping generalizations about my personality and character. That's fine; you're probably right about all of it. And if you're not, it doesn't matter anyway because you're pretty cocksure.

If you want to give your friends crap - have at it. But most of this religious bigotry was not amongst friends. So most of that was a red herring. What I did learn was that those who judge others for the way they live are "one dimensional." Unless, of course, we're talking about "fundamentalist" zealot - then it's okay and totally appropriate to judge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petard

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
You veil your attack as an attack on "fundamentalism." But you really don't know what Christopher believes in.

no, you're right, I don't know what Christopher believes in, but if you take a look at what's available (most isn't, cause it's a secret you have to pay for...) to view on that website, and the quote from Christopher "Your Head Sheepdog's comments and opinions on the events of the world and Signs of the Times that I think you need to stay abreast of in these last days" tells me that he's not just running that site for fun, he's one of them & believes the same things they believe. Heck, I don't know, maybe he's just faking it & he just figures they're as big a suckers as us & they'll pay for a forum if he just pretends to be one of them.

Either way this discussion started based in reasoning for why we felt that certain things were being done in the way that they were, not just to sit here & bash on someone's religion. I'm not the one that brought the website or religion up for the first time, I just added my opinion about how I felt that certain people tend to allow themselves to act when they feel that they are right. (or righteous)

btw, you get a gold star for the use of such pestiferous adjectives... well done, you're the smartest guy in your living room right now.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Unless he has a black Lab or Golden Retriever......then ..its gonna be nip and tuck !!!!!:face-icon-small-ton

dsp81

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2005
no, you're right, I don't know what Christopher believes in, but if you take a look at what's available (most isn't, cause it's a secret you have to pay for...) to view on that website, and the quote from Christopher "Your Head Sheepdog's comments and opinions on the events of the world and Signs of the Times that I think you need to stay abreast of in these last days" tells me that he's not just running that site for fun, he's one of them & believes the same things they believe. Heck, I don't know, maybe he's just faking it & he just figures they're as big a suckers as us & they'll pay for a forum if he just pretends to be one of them.

Either way this discussion started based in reasoning for why we felt that certain things were being done in the way that they were, not just to sit here & bash on someone's religion. I'm not the one that brought the website or religion up for the first time, I just added my opinion about how I felt that certain people tend to allow themselves to act when they feel that they are right. (or righteous)

It really doesn't matter what he believes in. It never, ever should have entered the conversation - no matter how you try to legitimize it. If it is legitimate, I invite you to post some of your beliefs on God so that we can have a discussion about how crazy they are. (Now, just as an aside, I'm being sarcastic. I'm not really interested in belittling your belief system.)

Feel free to talk about what a bad idea it was to move to pay. I invited you to tell us what was "shady" two pages ago, and all you could come up with is that "fundamentalists" are dumb. Oh, I'm dumb, too.

btw, you get a gold star for the use of such pestiferous adjectives... well done, you're the smartest guy in your living room right now.
I guess I'll take that over smartest guy in your living room.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Again, you refuse to get the point. Either you're really good at playing dumb, or...

I'm over this useless banter with you. I don't know if they're giving you something in exchange for being the new PR person for Harris, but I'm going back to talking about snowmobiles.

oh, and thanks for letting me know what we should talk about & what we shouldn't, you just passed the test to be a mod.

Edit: I just did a search out of curiosity, because I wondered for a moment if you even were a real member. I thought maybe you were a user that one of the harris boys made up or something.

WoW, from october to now, it doesn't look like you have posted anything that relates to snowmobiling at all.
a couple posts about cameras (I'm photag btw, we may have something in common after all), and a couple about about christian snowmobilers.

What is it you do here anyhow??? I can only assume that you do snowmobile??? You just hang out in here looking to argue with people??

I have yet, now that I think about it, to see a post where you have any kind of ideas of your own or are talking about anything other than this website.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
How about those yankee's :bathbaby:

That conversation got way off track.

Like I was asking for 284 pages back, If someone has real info (facts) I would like to learn it. So far Christopher has only posted (what I would call fact until proven other wise) real info.(from what I remember)

So if someone can put aside the assumptions and has some real info that might be considered helpful lets here it. Someone said I was spouting BS but has not backed it up yet. If I am I would sure like to know it so I can correct the situation. But so far I take it as a misunderstanding or there is no real info to prove it.

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
How about those yankee's :bathbaby:

That conversation got way off track.

I agree with WyoBoy.

Can we stick to talking about sledding and forum issues, rather than knocking someone else's faith? This is not a religious forum, and it's simply bad form to bring up someone else's religion and then bash it or start attributing certain decisions to it. Maybe it has something to do with it, maybe it doesn't, but what you should be focusing on is the action itself. If you disagree with something one of the Admins or Mods say or do, then address that. There is absolutely no sense in dragging their religion into it. :focus:

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
One word sums this up, "Pathetic" Think SNOW! The mental energy on all sides is worthless and obviously isnt getting anywhere. The time spent here could have been spent on making extra coin to pay for a turbo or something much more rewarding! Think about it.

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
One word sums this up, "Pathetic" Think SNOW! The mental energy on all sides is worthless and obviously isnt getting anywhere. The time spent here could have been spent on making extra coin to pay for a turbo or something much more rewarding! Think about it.

Now THAT is the most profound and true statement I've seen on here in months.
That sums it all up!! Nicely said!!:thumb:

Premium Features