• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blocking radiator

R
Nov 25, 2018
Has anyone put a ball valve on the Radiator of aKTM SXF 450? I have a thermal Bob and a PST snow jacket still not coming up to temp running about 135 degrees

L
Nov 18, 2014
CDA, ID
Another option is to block airflow across the radiators. Even with a thermostat there is a lot of heat loss through convection. I just cut up some scrap plastic and slide it in place between the rad and shields.

D
Aug 29, 2010
Vancouver, BC
i pout a ball valve in on opposite side to the bypass return. what happens on the ktm/husky is the the due to dual rrturns on water pump that the one side actually pulls the bypassed coolent through both of the rads. the valve on one side closed it makes only one radiator effective and only flows when the thermostat opens

R
Nov 25, 2018
i pout a ball valve in on opposite side to the bypass return. what happens on the ktm/husky is the the due to dual rrturns on water pump that the one side actually pulls the bypassed coolent through both of the rads. the valve on one side closed it makes only one radiator effective and only flows when the thermostat opens

Do you have a pic of the ball valve on the bike?

Premium Features