• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

traditional yammi belt squeal

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Well mine didnt start squealing until I put to many adjustment shims on the back of the secondary. I plan to take some out.

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
yeah its called shimming your clutches properly :rolleyes::beer;

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
you asked, what did you expect for an answer??:beer;

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Cracks me up when somebody who doesn't know what they are talking about tries to be a funny smarta$$.

The Yammi secondary has "wear bolts" on the back side of the moveable sheave...they each have a washer that can be removed as the bolt wears...if the washer has already been removed, just replace with new bolts/washers and your squeel will go away.

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
squeeling

Mine does the same thing and I have the secondary belt height adjusted correct! If I remove/add washers then it drops in the secondary and the squeel stops BUT I want the deflection correct so if it means a little squeel then so be it, I will shut it off every time I stop.
I tried it with the belt setting lower and didn't like it....maybe I'm missing something but I set my deflection the same on all my sleds and my Apex has squeeled since about 500 miles, new belt, old belt, Ultimax 3 or 8 DN all the same.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192177

Take a look at the pics near the bottom. One is with a new belt .5mm washer and the belt sits low in the secondary....no squeal. I added and additional 1mm washer and presto the belt sit up in the secondary but so much belt squealing its actually make the sled creep ahead and you cant engage reverse without shutting the sled off. I will try just the 1mm shim and see whats up.

Seems to me these yamis sit low in the secondary to avoid the squeal.

GL

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
My belt was sticking up just slightly above the secondary but still within spec. Track would spin slightly with the sled idling on a stand so I was happy with the belt deflection. I wanted to bring the belt up higher in the secondary. I added a 0.5mm washer to the existing 1mm washer and the belt started to squeal.

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
does yours sqeal cody?

i was out 29th 30th but weather was bad
when is tubby getting his sled , starting to wonder if he even has a sled anymore

It has in the past been so long since it ran I cant remember if it still does or not. I think Tubby lost his sled in the divorce.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
you asked, what did you expect for an answer??:beer;

I think he expected to come on here looking for an answer to a problem he has, instead of attitude from some douchbag. Go be a super hero in the fouled plug section.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Cracks me up when somebody who doesn't know what they are talking about tries to be a funny smarta$$.

The Yammi secondary has "wear bolts" on the back side of the moveable sheave...they each have a washer that can be removed as the bolt wears...if the washer has already been removed, just replace with new bolts/washers and your squeel will go away.

YUP. REPLACE THE WEAR BOLTS AND THE SQUEEL WILL BE GONE... ITS PRETTY SIMPLE REALLY..:eek::eek::eek:

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Hear that Ringer your sled is worn out already. Dont just replace wear bolts or whatever go one better and buy a new clutch.

M

MEAT

Sep 13, 2008
Castlegar, B.C.
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192177

Take a look at the pics near the bottom. One is with a new belt .5mm washer and the belt sits low in the secondary....no squeal. I added and additional 1mm washer and presto the belt sit up in the secondary but so much belt squealing its actually make the sled creep ahead and you cant engage reverse without shutting the sled off. I will try just the 1mm shim and see whats up.

Seems to me these yamis sit low in the secondary to avoid the squeal.

GL

Mine does the same thing. If I shim up the secondary it squeals and is difficult to get in reverse. On the flip side it seems like it is snappier out of the hole.

Premium Features