• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Corking hand warmers

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
This has worked good for me on several sleds. I just fill entire handle bars with silicone they stay just as warm or warmer without taking grips off.

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
I installed cork and high output RSI heaters on my 2013 pro rmk. Way better than the stock heaters for sure. My 2018 Axys all stock is just as good as that setup. Both are stock protaper bars

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I tryed and never noticed a difference.

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia
I installed cork and high output RSI heaters on my 2013 pro rmk. Way better than the stock heaters for sure. My 2018 Axys all stock is just as good as that setup. Both are stock protaper bars

So they must of changed something. Just don't know what year. Maybe foam backer. I don't remember any foam on last pro bars I did but that was on a 2011 pro.

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
So they must of changed something. Just don't know what year. Maybe foam backer. I don't remember any foam on last pro bars I did but that was on a 2011 pro.

My 17' had the foam, my 14 did not, so somewhere in that stretch it changed, for the better if you stick w/ the stock bars. If you are changing bars the foam won't come off w/ the warmers and you have to use some type of glue to reapply them.

I like the shrink tubing better than the cork, it's easier to work with and slightly thinner. RSI sells it pre packaged or you can get it from an auto parts store. I don't know the exact size but it is what you put on heavy duty battery cables.

Premium Features