• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ski/snowboard rack on snowbike

P
Nov 29, 2016
Folks- I am contemplating hauling my board on my snowbike like I do on my snowmobile. Does anyone have experience doing this? Pictures would be awesome.

Thanks

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
No experience with a snow board but I'd love to do the same with my pair of 180 cm back country skis. The problem is how do you get back up to your bike - it's only good for one easy ride?

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Have seen pics of guys hauling skis, but not a board.

I don't even board, but have thought carrying a splitboard and riding in the boots for an extra safety feature. Bike breaks, skin or ride out to the trail.

Not rocket science, get that board tied on there.

My 2 cents would be ditch the extra gas can, get bigger tank. Then use the extra space on the tunnel for the board.

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Guessing the OP isn't talking about doing laps but about riding in to the base of a slope and then starting the skin up. But, if doing laps, perhaps meeting a buddy on his rig and then taking laps. Always nice to have two motors when in the backcountry for redundancy and each ride in on your own machine carrying your own equipment rather than doubling up all the way in. In either case, if most of the day is skiing/boarding, you probably don't need extra gas like you would if running the bike all day, so more room on the tunnel for ski/board rack.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I usually use my sled for boarding , or at least have the sled carry the boards in.

That said there are a few Guys in Ak that come to arctic man that have board racks on the snow bike, it does not stick out near as bad as on the sleds -- bikes are real long. They are mounted of to the side opposite the muffler and do not seem at all in the way of riding.

Premium Features