• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 snowscoot jetting?

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
I just picked up a new snowscoot for my 8 year old. Does anyone know if there are high altitude settings or anything I need to do to make it run good at elevation? We ride 6-10k. I asked the dealer and he looked like I was crazy.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Fire your dealer

Well, first and foremost, fire your dealer. Second, yes, the scoot is just like the zr200 with a nice little chart right there under the hood.

S
Apr 7, 2010
So I have a sno scoot and factory is a #100 main, went down to a #90. Top runs good but I have a bog on the low end, still has factory pilot. Debating whether to just play w idle screw or go up a pilot. BTW we were riding at 9000', anybody play with this at altitude yet?

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
My dealer put mine at 95. I think that will be just great for the 7-10k altitude I usually do, but I will be really lean when I ride it down at my house at 4500 feet. Well, not really lean, I think according to the chart that I should be at a 97.5 at my house. I'm kind of wishing he would have put in the 96.3, but oh well, I'll just try to ride it a lot in the mountains and not much around the house. Honestly, it's so fast, that on my small little lot, I don't see us riding around that house that much anyway.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
@snoxracer40w I'm no super pro but size 90 seems really small. Across the whole chart of temperatures and elevations to 6,000 feet it only goes from 100 to 95. It would seem that extrapolating off that chart wouldn't lead to a size 90, especially not in the cold temperatures.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I know on some of the small kids 4 wheelers and dirt bikes. They had throttle limiting screws and or a washer placed between the cylinder head and head pipe to restrict flow and limit the engine.

I don’t know if the snoscoot has either.

F
Jan 3, 2008
I pulled out the spark plug and looked at it and showed it to a few people and they said I might be one jet size rich but really looks pretty good. I am just running the stock jetting at 7000-9000 feet. I would rather be one jet size rich and not burn a valve or overheat the motor. I actually did buy one jet size down per the chart on top of the clutches but then decided to not put it in. I don't think the engine has very good air circulation under the hood when they are going slower and working hard through the powder so a little extra gas to help cool them down is a good thing in my book.

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
I know this is an old thread, but as a FYI to those who own, I drilled out the pilot on out 18 and it sure idles and starts a lot nicer than it did. After a year, ours was hard to start and didn't like to idle. Cleaned the carb so many times. 5 mins to pull pilot, drill and put back in and idles smooth!!

G
Jul 1, 2010
I know this is an old thread, but as a FYI to those who own, I drilled out the pilot on out 18 and it sure idles and starts a lot nicer than it did. After a year, ours was hard to start and didn't like to idle. Cleaned the carb so many times. 5 mins to pull pilot, drill and put back in and idles smooth!!

I ended up getting a new pilot jet "JET, PILOT (#53.8) - 7CU-E4142-21-A0". Ended up paying more for shipping than the part, but the sled is a whole new machine. Not one hard start or stutter since I installed it.

Premium Features