• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New P 85 with carbon fiber covers

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
I have a couple of new clutches left with our carbon fiber cover. It is balanced and fits all new models. $750.00 this is a $1150.00 value.

Any questions just ask.

codyh5805

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2012
Saskatoon, sk, Ca
What's the pros to having this carbon fiber cover over the stock cover? This seems expensive to me for just a clutch cover? What does it all intale?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
I will even do a Christmas Day special. New P85 clutch with carbon fiber cover for $600.00 TODAY (Christmas) only...Just PM me.

Merry Christmas to everyone!!

TJ

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
I have been asked this question before on harmonics. Being I have contacts with Polaris we sent a carbon fiber cover to them to test on their endurance dyno 3 years ago. The cover was run on the drive line dyno for 100 hours straight. The cover was like new after the 100 hours. Polaris found out that the carbon fiber covers roller bushings, weight bushing and cover bushings where like new, compared to the stock cover the parts all would have been worn out after 50-70 hours. So what caused the parts to last longer? We have no proof of how or why. Polaris thinks that the cover got through the harmonics faster thus less time in harmonics, we feel the carbon fiber cover is a soft material and absorbs the vibrations/harmonics. They do accelerate faster that the stock cover, you can actually feel the difference on a jack stand and see it on the dyno.

TJ

Premium Features