• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Posting your introduction.

Sled Red

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen. My name is Aaron T. York. I am a brand new member. I grew up in Vermont, and last year came to Revelstoke British Columbia to learn the art of mountain riding. I have come to learn a few things and for anyone who would like to hear what I have to say, I would be obliged if you would listen. I have been riding with professional local riders, I was thrown into the "deep end of the pool" and here is what I have learned works.

B
Mar 3, 2012
Bret Balog/ new member biography

Originally from Indiana been snomobiling for 36 years now never missing a season wether I was riding an old antique beader or state of the art new sled. Have done most of my riding for 20 years in the UP of Michigan and northern Wisconsin and Minisota don't cha know!!! Been living in Payson, Arizona for the past 6 years riding the average 6 feet of powder up on the Mogollon rim on endless un-groomed forest roads. I'm sitting in a cabin in Duck Creek Utah right now just 6 hours from home typing this intro before we go hit the gorgeous teraine again at 9,600 feet elevation. Glad to be a new member. Thank you!!

Newbie: wow great info & posts

i`m a flatlander that was born and still works in nyc but lives in the pocono mts pa ... love the mountains...my passion is snowmobiling ...i can`t wait for the snow to fly ..i rent a camp on the tug hill plateau in upstate ny. we have to stay on the trails in ny .so not much off trailing in ny... our group works on high speed trail ridng ....our sleds are set up with studs and 8in carbides ..if you set up your sled right it`s pretty much like riding a sport bike ..no knee dragging...but close...my wife rides also ...i not sure what happens when she rides but she goes from nice calm housewife[lol] to an aminal who`s ripping up the trails .man i`m lucky

we also ride every year out of west yellowstone... we love it every year

we love yellowstone so much my wife is running an breast cancer charity event with the west yellowstone holiday inn to benefit the pink ribbon riders.. feb 24 ..she just never stops ..not tug hill where we ride she wanted it yellowstone. ok whatever she wants.LOL...can`t wait to get out there and watch you folks rip by me in the powder cause i always seem buried everyday..:rockon: but one day i`ll get someone to teach me .until then..i`m just happy to be buried in montana or idaho ..

M
Oct 10, 2012
North Dakota
Hi Am new to this form thing. My wife farm and ranch in ND. We farm wheat,beans and other crops. We also have a herd of cattle.(they get in the way of more sled trips). Re discovered sleds in the late 90,s. Grew up with early skidoos. First one was a 1968 OLympique. A big 299cc at that. The next was a 1972 Olympique. 335cc single cylinder. Those old sleds you never left sight of the road and avoided riding alone. Then came a family and an interest in snowmobiling again. So we bought a big family sled. What fun that was. Three on the sled at one time. So for my 50th birthday I went to Cooke City with a 700cc Powder Special. Great time. With the guys but got stuck lots.... So along came a used M8. Nice.. Then a few trips to Yellowstone. Even more fun... Then a 2009 M8. Some guys go the Revelstoke BC. They let me go and wow. Riding area after area. Never ends. Hardly ever see another sled. Different mountains every day. The drive from Dakota is a killer but well worth the trip. Mark

M
Oct 10, 2012
North Dakota
markd7;3153210]Hi Am new to this form thing. My wife farm and ranch in ND. We farm wheat,beans and other crops. We also have a herd of cattle.(they get in the way of more sled trips). Re discovered sleds in the late 90,s. Grew up with early skidoos. First one was a 1968 OLympique. A big 299cc at that. The next was a 1972 Olympique. 335cc single cylinder. Those old sleds you never left sight of the road and avoided riding alone. Then came a family and an interest in snowmobiling again. So we bought a big family sled. What fun that was. Three on the sled at one time. So for my 50th birthday I went to Cooke City with a 700cc Powder Special. Great time. With the guys but got stuck lots.... So along came a used M8. Nice.. Then a few trips to Yellowstone. Even more fun... Then a 2009 M8. Some guys go the Revelstoke BC. They let me go and wow. Riding area after area. Never ends. Hardly ever see another sled. Different mountains every day. The drive from Dakota is a killer but well worth the trip. Mark

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Hi !!! I'm flying frenchman. I live in northeast Alberta. I love to quad with my Banshee at Brule dunes ,ride my BMX, mostly sledding. Sledding is my passion and I ride whenever I can.

K
Feb 25, 2011
Truckee
Hi all I'm an old fart from Truckee Ca. I ride with a group of old guys from Reno on 800's . We usually ride out of Truckee summit during the week. We arn't slow nor are we fast. Mostly off road after we get somewhere where we can go off road. Anybody is welcome to ride with us as long as they can put up a few stops along the way.

JON

New to site

Hi from FtMcmurray, originally from Bc miss home have been up here for 5 years, just bought new 2013 RMK163 can't wait to rip it up in valemont this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

marvelous

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2012
Dent mn
marvelous

Hi I'm from central mn. I ride some at home, but live to ride in the mountains, I have traveled to Montana, wy.,and Idaho, for over 25 years. 48 trips in all, At 55 I am slowing up a little, but really enjoy boondocking the most. Also enjoy all forms of snowmobile racing. I look forward to joining all like minded sledders.

S
Jan 2, 2013
new to this

hi im new to this I found this web page because I just starded to ride a nitro came off a skidoo rev and I find this steering to be a big problem I did order the steering kit oft lets hope it helps

E
Jan 6, 2013
Hi im ed live in northern wi and i love to ride i have been having problems with my 07 f6 there is 14000 miles on it everything is fresh but having top end performance issues thought i could find some answers on this site

thumbie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2013
rapid city,sd
Hi, I'm Jim and I'm new to this as is most everyone. Started sleding in early 70's in eastern dakotas. Moved to the Black Hills for my wifes health and am enoying every minute of it. Started with a 73 panther 340:bounce: and kept moving up from there. Am riding a 05 King cat or my RX1 mountain when out. Enjoy the area around Dubois Wy. the most. Cann't wait to get back there.

Z
Jan 26, 2013
Hahn's Peak Roadhouse

We are located 26 miles north of Steamboat Springs, CO. The Roadhouse offers lodging from cabins to bunkhouses (motel style rooms), gas, big rig parking, rest. & bar, main lodge,free Wifi, general store and friendly staff! Its the perfect place for snowmobiling. We are surrounded by hundreds of acres of riding. Once you get here, you can ride right from the lodge to endless trails. We just got 3 inches of snow and expect more! Check out our web site www.hahnspeakroadhouse.com Bring on the snow!

Z
Jan 26, 2013
:nod:
We are located 26 miles north of Steamboat Springs, CO. The Roadhouse offers lodging from cabins to bunkhouses (motel style rooms), gas, big rig parking, rest. & bar, main lodge,free Wifi, general store and friendly staff! Its the perfect place for snowmobiling. We are surrounded by hundreds of acres of riding. Once you get here, you can ride right from the lodge to endless trails. We just got 3 inches of snow and expect more! Check out our web site www.hahnspeakroadhouse.com Bring on the snow!

Premium Features