• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Longshot...but has anyone dealt with knee brace and snowmobiling?

I
Jul 26, 2010
Rogers, MN
So this fall playing football, some chicken **** tackled me low and I tore my ACL, MCL and broke my femur. I already got my Femur fixed and the MCL. Im getting ACL surgery in hopefully early december. But its looking to interfere with snowmobiling this season. Ive heard about people snowmobiling with a knee brace during their recovery, but Im not sure how that would work. Would it go outside the snowpants, or inside the snowpants? Do they make a special one just for weight bearing (snowmobiling in Wyoming)?

I dont expect anyone to know, since this is a strangely particular topic. But if anyones had to deal with this, I would appreciate some feedback, possibly direction.

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
My knee injury happened a few years back at the end of the summer. (Just before labor day) I rode that winter but was pretty cautious with it. I skipped the first few early days when there wasn't lots of accumulation and conditions weren't great. It was tough but I knew I'd regret it. Once I couldn't resist any more I wore my brace under my snow pants. From there I was mindful of what I was doing on the sled and I avoided walking through the snow and avoided getting involved in digging others out and doing more than I needed to when I was out. My buddies understood and I would try to make it right by supplying cold beers back at the truck as a way to say "thanks"... That being said, my knee has never been the same but I don't think the sledding was a contributing factor.

I
Jul 26, 2010
Rogers, MN
Thanks for the feedback. That was kinda my plan to push on through, but also stay easy with everything. I wont be riding in MN until late February (3 months) but Im more planning to go for a late March trip to Wyoming. Also strengthening everything until then.

Premium Features