• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Helium Proclimb, CHECK THIS OUT

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Skinz Helium Kits are coming soon! This kit is growing on me, and this one in particular!

BKHSGhJjr8Z

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
That is sweet looking. Anyone know weight difference on just the plastic? Any word on a green version?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
We are supposed to have green around October 5th. We are taking pre orders now and will do first come first serve. Ill see if I can find out just the plastic weight savings.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
They look wayyyy better with some decals on them. Especially the white one. I've never been a fan of black sleds without graphics though. Makes me anxious what the green will look like too with black vents and decals.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
They say 30lb loss w/ can. So their can has 11lb loss. Would guess 4 lb loss on oil/chaincase. So that would be around 15lb loss on the hood, side panels, belly panels, headlight delete, etc. ~36lb loss with ti can? Will see when I weigh it compared to its weight at the start of last season

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
They look wayyyy better with some decals on them. Especially the white one. I've never been a fan of black sleds without graphics though. Makes me anxious what the green will look like too with black vents and decals.

^X2!!!!

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
They say 30lb loss w/ can. So their can has 11lb loss. Would guess 4 lb loss on oil/chaincase. So that would be around 15lb loss on the hood, side panels, belly panels, headlight delete, etc. ~36lb loss with ti can? Will see when I weigh it compared to its weight at the start of last season

At 15lbs the asking price seems right. Right or wrong it seems like $100/lb is the average market rate for weight loss. Plus as mentioned before, it's comparable to full replacement cost on OEM parts. Now I just need to figure out how to sh!t a little gold... ;)

Let us know how the install is when you get your kit. Not sure I fully understand how the lower side/belly panels work. Does it come as full replacement part or do you mod/cut the factory ones with the narrowed part as an insert provided in the kit?

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I'll be checking it out for sure at hay days today. If nothing else, it'll sure be a conversation starter

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
At 15lbs the asking price seems right. Right or wrong it seems like $100/lb is the average market rate for weight loss. Plus as mentioned before, it's comparable to full replacement cost on OEM parts. Now I just need to figure out how to sh!t a little gold... ;)

Let us know how the install is when you get your kit. Not sure I fully understand how the lower side/belly panels work. Does it come as full replacement part or do you mod/cut the factory ones with the narrowed part as an insert provided in the kit?

Yes it's supposed to be all new belly plastics

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Skinz Helium kit

Those sleds looks awesome.
Narrower!!!
Lighter!!!
Shorter!!!
Maybe this will make cat rethink there plastic design!!!

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I doubt it, if anything Cat will use Yammi plastics on the '18. Too late in the game and expensive on their behalf to redesign the plastics. I'm hearing Cat is keeping the proclimb chassis in '18 and stuffing the new motor in it. Was hoping for a new chassis.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Checked this out at hay days in both the fox and sled solutions booth. Didn't like it until I saw it in person. It really narrows the sled to where it should be. Unfortunately I didn't have a tape measure, but from comparing side by side with an axys this might be a little narrower at the plastic edge where it meets the running board.

Premium Features