• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

axys 800 pro running issues

Torpedo

Premium Member
Feb 22, 2008
Eden, Ut
I have a 16 Pro that has 600 plus miles on it ,no problems.
Yesterday in handle bar deep snow it choked and will only
idle now. Checked the flipper and TSS , it acts like TSS
but what else would keep it from increasing rpm.

Torpedo

Premium Member
Feb 22, 2008
Eden, Ut
Won't die , just blubbers , at 2950.

Starts perfect , idles perfect.

Lights work , could not get dash gauge to report.

Its frozen on the mountain . Rounding up helpers now.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
If you have access to another ECU swap them and see if it will run. Mine cracked due to an unexpected stop and did exactly what you are describing. Pulled one out of another in the group and ran perfect. Rode mine out then took his back so he could get out. Even if they are flashed different it will still run to get ya home.

Torpedo

Premium Member
Feb 22, 2008
Eden, Ut
Replaced plugs on the spot, not a powder injestion
problem. I did not have a lot of time to trouble shoot it.
We hooked it up and tried to get home ,did not get all the way back. Thinking its in the TSS.

Powderforlife907

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2011
My TSS died on my last ride too... Mine wouldn't idle without feathering the throttle and it would die when I punched it. Tried warming the switch up, spraying WD40 in it, but nothing worked. Had to tape it up, and zip tie it to finish the trip.

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
On the old Yamaha's with a bad TORS (throttle over-ride switch) you could simply short the wires together. Not sure if the Polaris system is the same???

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Their TSS's need attention, theyre junk.

I made a plug n play resistor (for my Pro). Carry it with me incase it acts up, then i can plug it in and get home, or help determine if TSS is a problem.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Muenster sells a resistor with the finger throttle kit.
Works like a champ.

Maybe they will sell them separate if there is interest.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Like others have stated, if it acts up like this, just remove the TSS from the throttle block, tape and zip tie the button down and stuff the TSS into the plug baggy under the hood. I ran my 14' pro for two years like this when I ran an IQR aluminum throttle block with no issues.
I am contemplating just doing this on my AXYS before it acts up...
Glad it was an easy fix!

Powderforlife907

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2011
Like others have stated, if it acts up like this, just remove the TSS from the throttle block, tape and zip tie the button down and stuff the TSS into the plug baggy under the hood. I ran my 14' pro for two years like this when I ran an IQR aluminum throttle block with no issues.
I am contemplating just doing this on my AXYS before it acts up...
Glad it was an easy fix!

I'll be getting an RSI throttle block on my SKS. Never had an issue with the TSS on my 2015 RMK after I put on the RSI throttle block. Same time I did go through about 3-4 of the OEM throttle blocks before I switched lol.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
The RSI block is junk in my opinion, we had to remove it to get a bud's sled to run. The safety switch hangs out where it gets full of water and tree/impact damage.
Poo needs to address this TSS issue on the new sleds, it is common.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
One of my friends also had problems with the RSI tss block. He said he found a Skinz throttle block that holds the tss, and was gonna try that. I haven't seen it anywhere however.

Premium Features