• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

One piece suits?

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I am seeing more of these with the aftermarket clothing OEM's. I remember back in the day 1970s that most snowmobile suits were one piece. Most did not like how it restricted movement. I would guess you should stay warmer and drier with a one piece. Just wondering if any are wearing this style. I guess I like to be able to remove my coat.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I think the movement started when guys started wearing their Carharts sledding.
Then it was a DGAF statement to the rest of the sledding world.
Then some of the clothing companies hopped onto the DGAF attitude of the younger generation and started making them. That's why you see FXR, HMK, TOBE, etc making one piece suits nowadays.

Won't see me pimping one considering it seems like everyone wants one now. If I was the only one looking like a clown for a few rides a year, having fun and laughing at myself, then so be it, but I'm not into seeing other people on the hill in the same set-up as myself. Not when we are in loud colored clown outfits. I'll stick to pants and jacket.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I've never worn one, but it definitely has the potential to be the warmest/driest solution if the materials are up to par. The venting would have to be goo too, cause it seems like you could get pretty warm on a warm-ish day. Again, depends on the materials.

The Tobe ones advertised on here look kinda funky....don't think I'm running out to buy one, but to be honest I'd rock that before I wore the same black/black Klim pants/jacket every 2nd sledder has. Might just be me.

Y

yzviper366

Aug 15, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Personally I think there pretty cool of tobe's weren't so pricey ic have one for sure. I like the odd ball colors. At least u won't look like everyone else on the mountain. Who cares what ppl say.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
18854331.jpg

this picture come to mind

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
They are extremely warm but I did not like mine for a few reasons.

1. It's more difficult to layer. If only your upper body gets hot, it's not like you can take the top off and put a wind breaker on while leaving your warm snow pants on. The safest way to sled in back country is to wear multiple layers and dress according to conditions to keep from getting soaking wet. The Mono suit has a lot of venting but it's still hard to stay dry.

2. It greatly restricts movement. The ToBe Mono suits are built to be baggy and but it just wasn't my thing. I feel like I have way more maneuverability in my Klim pants & coat.

They look totally gangster, but it only took one ride for me to go back to conventional gear. I will say that on a cold and bottomless pow day, you won't find anything warmer to wear.

WileyCoyote

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Something tells me this thread is going to be snowest's Walmarsian thread. I knew I should have snapped a shot 5 years ago of Speed Racer at Rabbit ears, in his white one piece, bubble helmet and scarf.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
well we do generally sled in warmer conditions...but im telling ya , fueling equipment in -55 with big winds there is nothing that compares to a one piece..

These lighter units Tobe is selling I think are roomy enough and probably works real well for sledding ..

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
If you get to hot just unzip the top half and tie the arms around your waist. That's how we rolled as kiddos in the north country.

you know I was going to mention that but I just was not brave enough to say that was how we dealt with it...lol...thanx..

Last edited:
Premium Features