• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody running with a boost it xic got any numbers to share for t pro?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Hey guys as title says, curious on what everybody is running. I try running what I was given a few years ago from boost it and it goes into limp mode/det. I've had this issue since buying the sled. My issue so far is the sleds not getting the fuel when I stab the throttle, turbo says go and starts doing its thing but the sleds not fueling for those moments and it makes a blubr noise and bogs then takes off. A/f shows when it happens it leans out.

What are all you guys running? I've tried playing around with the box to my best knowledge and it's not helped really, max'd out my accel pump pulse but never noticed a change, probably have to turn on some other setting as well.

P
Oct 24, 2010
did you have any luck figuring this out? i have a 15 pro with similar issues. real bad bog pre boost and at idle it appears to run lean based on the AtF gauge. mid throttle i get moments where the engine light flashes and it goes to a limp mode till i let off the throttle for a second.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
did you have any luck figuring this out? i have a 15 pro with similar issues. real bad bog pre boost and at idle it appears to run lean based on the AtF gauge. mid throttle i get moments where the engine light flashes and it goes to a limp mode till i let off the throttle for a second.

bummer man! I'm Still chasing issues for sure. I found in comparison to the map I was given, maybe my sleds different some how, different turbo injectors? It's way too rich. I've leaned out/made my own kinda thing. I have noticed the more fuel I'm pulling down low the faster It rev's out, the Crisper it runs, the less to none Initial bog when I hit it wide open, less to no bog when light throttle then hitting it. Perhap light flashing is warning of DET?

Where is your a/f gauge at? if its too close to the tip it will read leaner, If you Throttle it up a tad does it richen up? My Idle was about ~14:1 ish. but I read many says the sleds run lean in the mid range as well, however unsure on the 15's, 2013+ had a better ECM than the 11-12 pro

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I have a boost it box off a good running pro I had. I can dig it out and see if I can power it up and find what the numbers were.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Would love to see some numbers, never hurts to see what everybody else has ran.

Are you still using the rising rate fuel pressure regulator? Boost-it quit using the rising rate regulator in 2014. A lot of people with older kits did the upgrade. Careful on the numbers you get and use. The numbers between rising rate fuel regulator and not are very different. Squeak a engine different. I have both sets of numbers.

Last edited:

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Are you still using the rising rate fuel pressure regulator? Boost-it quit using the rising rate regulator in 2014. A lot of people with older kits did the upgrade. Careful on the numbers you get and use. The numbers between rising rate fuel regulator and not are very different. Squeak a engine different. I have both sets of numbers.

Interesting,thanks for the info!, using the rising rate fpr /quit using it do you mean unplugging the boost reference line from it or as in went back to using the stock in tank fpr?

I have the rising rate one but unhooked all this time. I'm swapping my pumps with my stock sled which has the stock fpr. I want to see how it Behaves.

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
Is the factory ecu mapped close enough to the same between 11-15 to use the same numbers in the XIC?

The different map used depending on how the FPR was used is one variable.

I understand some kits used what boost-it called a tmap interceptor. Which must have consisted of a resistor to tell ecu a constant state of elevation.
So they could tune off the XIC map sensor.

This would have defeated the factory altitude compensation before boost.
Anyone know what they did about that?
Fuel pressure adjustment?

I guess newer kits didn't use this? They relied on the elevation trims in the XIC to conteract the factory ecu changing the tune with elevation?
This would have made off boost fueling more consistent with elevation changes keeping the stock tmap in use.

Did these tmap changes happen at the same time they stopped increasing fuel pressure with boost?

What did they do about air temperature?

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
These are from a 13 pro. 7lbs. 163 2.6" track. Non intercooled. 100ll avgas. These are numbers right from Neil's mouth at the time. No engine issues. Pistons like new after 500 miles. It does a hiccup down low but otherwise nice and safe wfo. I ran old school egt's and they were 1200-1240 degrees consistently on wfo long pulls. Good luck reading my writing and there are no gurantees that these nums will work for you.
903b73b8045e74fb1fe6b2b5266bd5e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
These are from a 13 pro. 7lbs. 163 2.6" track. Non intercooled. 100ll avgas. These are numbers right from Neil's mouth at the time. No engine issues. Pistons like new after 500 miles. It does a hiccup down low but otherwise nice and safe wfo. I ran old school egt's and they were 1200-1240 degrees consistently on wfo long pulls. Good luck reading my writing and there are no gurantees that these nums will work for you.
903b73b8045e74fb1fe6b2b5266bd5e7.jpg

Hey buddy
Were you using a rising rate FPR with these numbers? There similar to my rising rate numbers.
My non rising rate are very different.
Octanee
When i mean not using it ... I mean just the boost reference line disconnected?
Still using the factory Polaris pump with the factory FPR removed?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Hey buddy
Were you using a rising rate FPR with these numbers? There similar to my rising rate numbers.
Octanee

Ok Just wondering was all as I know many other kits retain the factory FPR.

As far as a tmap interceptor/resistor, I believe my sled was a more recent one of theirs and I don't seem to see any such thing, the factory MAP sensor relocated to the intake before the turbo, no resistors there.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Hey buddy

Octanee

Yes rising rate FPR.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013

Hows your reeds ?

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Hey guys as title says, curious on what everybody is running. I try running what I was given a few years ago from boost it and it goes into limp mode/det. I've had this issue since buying the sled. My issue so far is the sleds not getting the fuel when I stab the throttle, turbo says go and starts doing its thing but the sleds not fueling for those moments and it makes a blubr noise and bogs then takes off. A/f shows when it happens it leans out.

What are all you guys running? I've tried playing around with the box to my best knowledge and it's not helped really, max'd out my accel pump pulse but never noticed a change, probably have to turn on some other setting as well.

Try using the boost reference line on the FPR and Kanedogs numbers in the XIC.

Premium Features