• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to ride in Colorado?

moto305

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2013
We are planning a trip to Colorado this year and was wondering where some good places to go would be. We usually go to Togwotee so we are looking for a place that has lodging and guides.

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
Have ridden both Grand Mesa and Rabbit Ears Pass, near Steamboat. Had a guide in Grand Mesa and it was worth it, although it was our first time riding the area. Don't know if anyone offers a guide service for Rabbit Ears. We always stay in Steamboat and drive into Rabbit Ears for the day, parking in or near the Muddy Creek parking lot. A good mix of night life and great riding. There are a ton of places in CO but those are the only 2 I have been to. I think no matter what you will enjoy the "champagne powder." Good luck and have fun!

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Have ridden both Grand Mesa and Rabbit Ears Pass, near Steamboat. Had a guide in Grand Mesa and it was worth it, although it was our first time riding the area. Don't know if anyone offers a guide service for Rabbit Ears. We always stay in Steamboat and drive into Rabbit Ears for the day, parking in or near the Muddy Creek parking lot. A good mix of night life and great riding. There are a ton of places in CO but those are the only 2 I have been to. I think no matter what you will enjoy the "champagne powder." Good luck and have fun!

Im more then willing to ride with new ppl and help show them around the ears and steamboat area,

brandon227

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
North East Wyoming
Not to hijack but I am in the same boat. Many years going to togwotee and this year we want to go to Colorado. Does any one know of good ride out of lodges like t.m.l. In the grand lake or kremmling area?

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
Not to hijack but I am in the same boat. Many years going to togwotee and this year we want to go to Colorado. Does any one know of good ride out of lodges like t.m.l. In the grand lake or kremmling area?

No ride out lodging from Kremmling,it's 30-40 minutes to Rabbit Ears or about the same to Grand Lake.Kremmling is a sleepy small town with several restaurants and bars.Don't expect much in nightlife.

If you want to party stay in Steamboat 20-30 minutes to R/E from the north side.It's a ski town with lots of bars and restaurants.Rabbit Ears usually has better off trail conditions in my opinion.

Grand Lake...sleepy, .. you can stay in hotel/motel in town.Ride sleds down road or walk to restaurant's/bar, fill up with gas on main st.Don't expect any late night partying.Groomed trail from town depending on snow conditions.Look around when you're riding and you'll find off trail pow.

You can always stay in Kremmling at lower cost and follow the snow+++ central location to R/E G/L or Vail Pass or other less known local locations.

Vail Pass gets a bad reputation for parking issues on weekends but at 10,200' parking lot elevation the snow comes early and stays late.As in pre Halloween road riding or late May off trail riding.

Look me up up when you come,my friends and I will show you around

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Vail Pass gets a bad reputation for parking issues on weekends but at 10,200' parking lot elevation the snow comes early and stays late.As in pre Halloween road riding or late May off trail riding.

Keep in mind that the FS is on a mission to prevent early season riders if the snow isn't to their liking. I think the date has been November 11th or so in the past. Our local club is all over them if there is adequate snow. The irony of it is that hunters who have chained up their trucks are tearing up the road more than any sled ever would.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Don't leave Steamboat Lake off your idea list either, solid lodging and GREAT riding.

http://hahnspeakroadhouse.com/lodging/

Can ride right from the lodge as well. Always have a great time up there. We've done VRBO in that area as well for longer trips/stays with bigger groups.

I cannot stress the awesomeness of this area guys!!!! If the snow is good this year, this is the place!!

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
YES RABBIT EARS IS SICK!!!!!! BEST PLACE TO RIDE!!!!! YOU CAN SHREAD THE NAR ALL DAY THERE..............AND THIS YEAR THERE LITTLE TO NO GROOMING AT ALL SO IT WILL EVEN BE BETTER :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features