• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

H
Dec 5, 2006
Pendleton, Oregon
Ok, I am not the most computer savy person, sorry...But how the he11 do I resize a picture to use as my avatar? I didnt have any problem on the other forum, its like it resized it for me or something.

THanks in advanced

Austin

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Austin, do you have any photo editing software on your PC such as Microsoft Photo Editor, Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.?

If so, open the photo in the editor, find "resize" and make the photo 100 pixels wide. Save this new version with a new name so your original still is intact.

Or take the easy way out and send it to me in an email and I'll get 'er done for you. :)

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
Microsoft XP has a photo resizer. You may need to google windows power toys. It's a free download and makes it super easy. Once installed simply right click on the photo, select the size you want or custom size of any number and that's it. It will make a resized copy for you instantly.

That's what I use to e-mail photos and so on. It also works when dumping into the photobucket site which inturn allows us to post the full size image without having to click to enlarge.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Is my scrolling gif file not accepted here on this new software?

All I git is the JD emblem, which is all that would show on my old putor for the last many yrs. Now I git new putor and DSL and now it seems the site won't run it?

OxIconIwoJima.gif

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Ox......your animated gif file is too large. Need to resize it down to 100x100 (with whatever program you created it with). The old site allowed 120x120.

CW :)

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Oh - this sites limit is smaller eh? Gotcha! Thanks!

I didn't create it tho. A member here many yrs ago did it for me.

I doo think that I have some way to edit it tho.

Thanks again!

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Ox, if you can't do it, let me know and I could do it for you. I use Adobe Elements. I'd actually need the originals and remake the file. If you can get 'er done, that's cool too. :beer;

Premium Features