• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

151 to 159, is it worth the trouble

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
I have a 2002 Ski doo summit hightmark with a 16x151x2.25 track in my sled curently. I found a really good deal on the exact same track, just a 159. My question is will I really notice a difference going from my 151 to a 159 or is it not worth the trouble and cost of buying tunnel and rail extensions. Just looking for others input. Thanks

M

macer_81

Aug 14, 2008
Moab, UT
www.cliffhangerjeeprental.com
IMHO The longer track will be better. There will be a difference in the fact its a bigger foot print then the 151". The benifits going to a 159" from a 151" I dont think will be that huge of a difference to justify the swap unless you are in need of a new track. But than again i could be wrong. Your sled may benifit from it. Do a search for someone that has your same sled with a longer track and see if it will be worth it.

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
Thanks for the input, I dont think that I am going to change, my track is in good shape. I just hardly got to ride it this year and I never broke anything so I have been sitting around thinking of things to do to it that I really dont need to. Maybe it will be a better winter next year.

hockeyb4

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Was looking into the same thing for my wifes sled. the one thing I can say is that at least on my rev you can go a little slower and get away with it due to the larger foot print and as you already have a 151 and a big wheel kit you should be able to run it without any trouble. but if your not keeping the sled then prob not worth the hassle

S
Dec 19, 2013
My friend and I both have 05, 800's. He has a 159" and I have the 151". His does not trench as bad as mine and has a advantage going slow in deep powder picking our way through the trees without getting stuck. If the price was right and you don't mind wrenching a little what the hell? I went with a 162" with the Mountain tamer suspension this year........not cheap........but it stays on top better and the 2.5" lugs hook up a lot better.

Premium Features