• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What should I do!!!

$
Feb 11, 2010
Rigby, ID
I need more bottom end power in my 07 summit 800r. I was thinking maybe a clutch kit, or maybe save up and buy an 860 kit. Do you guys think that the 860 kit is worth the extra money or should i just go with the clutch kit. If you think the clutch kit what kind. Thanks

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
I have a great clutch kit for the 07 model
Look here at your year 2007, it shows the parts.
Uses the stock RER secondary, no need for buying another secondary clutch.
This kit is only $275 and a big bang for the buck.
If in the future going to big bore, then the kit easily tailors to the big bore with usually only a flyweight change to suit the rpms of the new engine.

Lots of links to help you on your way with the 07R to extract everything you can out of it.
395641799.jpg

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
412 ramps with 20/45 gearing and just stock clutching (provided you've gotten all the updates and bushings) in that sled give eye-popping low end power but will lose a little up top. If you do go the clutch kit route, DJ's kit offers the best low end power for the buck and works great for drag racing. For overall mtn performance I prefer Tom's but that's a lot pricier as is Roosterbuilt. So... depends on what you're after. You'll be very surprised what just ramps and gearing can do for that sled tho!!! Big bores get you more HP but you lose low end snappiness (think about it - more mass to move up and down; that is why the 600's are so well liked for low end snap as they are more responsive).

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:
$
Feb 11, 2010
Rigby, ID
If in the future going to big bore, then the kit easily tailors to the big bore with usually only a flyweight change to suit the rpms of the new engine.

Lots of links to help you on your way with the 07R to extract everything you can out of it.
395641799.jpg

Could I install this kit myself? Is it easy to install? Or would you recomed me taking it to a dealer and having them get it just right. Thanks.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.

395641799.jpg

Could I install this kit myself? Is it easy to install? Or would you recomed me taking it to a dealer and having them get it just right. Thanks.

Clutch kits are easy to install, and all kits will require some tuning, so it would be beneficial to you to install yourself so when pin weight adjustment is needed you have the know how.

gsled04

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2011
Buy the tools, do the clutch and stick with D.J. best stuff around, and the best customer support.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Could I install this kit myself? Is it easy to install? Or would you recommended me taking it to a dealer and having them get it just right. Thanks.

You can do the job yourself.
If you have to take it to the dealer at least have the clutch tools to change the pinweight yourself.
There are many owners who have taken the secondary or both clutches to the dealer or a local tuner of whatever brand and have installed the kit however I would recommend to at least be able to change the pinweight yourself.

You can even do it in the back of a 1/2 ton truck in the parking lot at taco bell....i been meaning to do a video of doing that

Advice for novice tuner

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Buy the tools, do the clutch and stick with D.J. best stuff around, and the best customer support.

True that. I got way better response with his clutch kit all of the way around. It made riding more enjoyable. For $275 your sled will awaken in spots you never thought possible. If, after that you want more power, then save up for Big John's BB 860. Then the clutch is easily tailored to suit the additional HP.

Premium Features