• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 Ski stance/spindle questions

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'm putting my front end back together after some rebuilding and powdercoating. I noticed there are 2 3/4" or so spacers on each side of the spindle. Can these be moved around on the M to make the front end narrower/wider?

Also, has anyone ever drilled the spindle out for a grease zerk on the ski pivot? Out of all the bushings, that one was by far the worst as far as corrosion/rust.

Thanks in advance.

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
^ yes you can adjust your ski stance from 39"-41" with those spacers

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Excellent, thanks! What are most of you guys running? I would imagine the narrower stance helps to throw it around and sidehill?

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'm thinking I'm going to give the narrow stance a shot. If I can make it easier to roll over on edge, that would be good.

Thanks for the info everyone.

X

xcsks

Nov 26, 2007
my skis came from the factory in the middle position and I've left it there- very easy to sidehill, can't see a reason to go more narrow.

S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
You can order the sno-pro springs to go in place of the bushings and will be able to slide back and forth. On the trail it helps with darting

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
You can order the sno-pro springs to go in place of the bushings and will be able to slide back and forth. On the trail it helps with darting

So, I got a couple of these sno pro springs to try out....if it reduces trail darting on the M7 that would be great. They look awful big in diameter though. Do you simply replace the spacers/ bushings with the springs?
Which side is reccomended...ie, set them to narrow or wide stane?

Anyone run these on their M sleds?

Premium Features