• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pull cord

H
Feb 7, 2008
Anchorage
I've had mine "get funny" on me several times where it misses the catch inside somehow when I grab the handle and just gave it a yank. Now that I'm scared I seem to find myself gently cycling the motor a few times before I give it the real pull. I think thats why I really ordered the electric start (07 800R). My 04 800 HO broke the plastic guts inside the assembly 2 times last year and thats no fun to have to use a rope on the open clutch in 3 ft of pow! I would like to know whats up also.

R
Rebuilt mine with factory guts after wasting my time with cheap aftermarket "rebuild" kits(waste of time and effort!). Then did a little mod to keep things aligned and tight in the assembly ... been working great ever since, although I still ALWAYS take up the rope slack prior to pull starting.

IMG_1457.jpg

D
They replaced the whole unit. Can't remember exactly how much they charged, but I think it was about $100 or so including labor. I think anyone with any mechanical ability could do it no problem. I was in a hurry to get back on the hill and meet up with my buds so I just had them do it.

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
I had my recoil explode last year and all the plastic parts got sucked into the stator and ruined the stator. It was a bad deal:(

Premium Features