• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installing Boss Noss

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
Just bought a boss noss system from a guy and will be getting it shortly. I am interested if there is anyone else out there that has this system and could tell me where they mounted the injectors. I am wondering if I should mount them in the carb boots after the carbs or is I should install them in the airbox before the carbs. I could very easily make up some fittings that would go into the carb boots where the boost bottle is.
If anyone has any input that would be great, thanks

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Good luck on the clutching too. It seems that you just can't have the best of both worlds when it comes to NOS. I used to ride with a friend that had it on his 02 800 159" and it seemed like he was always unhappy with it.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
pictures would be great as well

First of all, need to know if that's a pic of an F4 Phanton on your wall??

I have not ran the Boss system, only the NX wet system. Keep in mind the further upstream you inject the nitrous, the bigger the hit it takes to get the same effect. I had my nozzles in the carb boots downsteam of the carbs. As was said earlier, fuel before the juice. I highly recommend a set of egt's for proper tuning and safety. As for clutching, clutch to run hard off the bottle and when you are on the button it will over rev BUT the additional TQ gained from the juice is well worth it. Be careful as it can become another bad habit...highly addictive.....lol.

Last edited:

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
Yes it is a picture of an F4 phantom on my wall, one bad *** plane....

Now the system that I bought is the new style boss noss that injects that racing fuel and the noss at the same time through the same nozzle. The guy at boss told me today that he recommends injecting directly into the reed boots, says most of the guys with this system do and have no problems at all.

Premium Features