• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

handlebars/risers

Mar 8, 2008
I have an 05 rev 800 and was wondering what to run for handlebars and risers. I am looking to do a flat handlebar with tall riser and wondering what to run and where i might find a good deal??? Thanks for any help

R
Dec 30, 2007
Southern Idaho
On my 05 I was told to remove the console then theres a bolt going through the upper frame to hold the steering post, anyways, pull that bolt and move the post forward one and a half inches and drill/bolt it there. It gave me the rise I was looking for and got this advice from a genuine skidoo guru, the best doo mechanic I have ever met, still running stock bars but have even more rider forwardness! Hope this helps, Rev

H
Nov 26, 2007
Merritt, BC
not to hijack the tread . . . but have an 07 xrs that is in need of either a new taller riser or new bars that will do the same.
question is, how hard is it to swap over the parts to a new bar? the obvious stuff is basic, wondering more about grips etc..
thanks

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I'm currently putting on a 6" RSI riser with Pro Taper SE bars with the Reed bend. It will have a similar look to the Assault when complete and I should have pics up next week. I also went with the RSI hi-powered heaters, Assault Grips and bar ends. Rox Billet hand guard mounts and hand guard flares. Gives me a total of 8" of rise with this set-up.

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
here's a pic of my set up

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

PowerMadd 6" Riser
PowerMadd 1 1/8" Clamp Adaptor
Pro Taper Pastrana FMX ATV Bend w 1 1/8" Fat Bar clamp
RSI tapered bar ends
RSI hi powered heating elements
RSI 8" grips
RSI small bar pad, all white (not seen in pic)

Total rise is approx. 10", all factory cables, no extensions needed (I have an X package sled)
I get cost on all parts so it was cheap for me
Originally wanted the RSI backcountry bars, but they are backordered and I didnt want to wait

But SUPER easy to install
Only issues was getting th bar ends to fit properly
Had to do some grinding and drilling to make em fit

Also used the stock Ski Doo X Package Mountain Bar (not seen in pic)

Premium Features