• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso Storage Solution

ravenous

Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2013
Is my Camso really that ugly? The only time I hear that is on this forum. But here in the real world all I heard is Holy s__t does that thing ever work good!
Anyway, back to the topic. The plastic is way stronger than you think. It will support your gas cans and tool box with no problem. The one down side is that for chain maintainance you have to unbolt the whole plastic deal and its just a little harder with 30lbs of gas and tools attached. So for sure there is room for improvement there. Tweaking little details like that is fun and it will be interesting to see what people come up with.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Companies name is on the mount
.. it was 200 bucks from the shop... No more snow catching crap on the back.....
2961fcbb81017399bac3514cbd167b8b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
Companies name is on the mount
.. it was 200 bucks from the shop... No more snow catching crap on the back.....
2961fcbb81017399bac3514cbd167b8b.jpg

I'd sure like to see some additional pics of your wheel set up on the front ski if you have any?

I'm gathering ideas for which path I'd like to take with mine.

Thanks!

B
A buddy of mine cut the plastic deal in half so it was pretty easy to adjust the chain.

M5

So interesting as I was just thinking of this and where to maybe make the cut although, there are only 6 big bolts that come off very easily in order to get the entire cover off.

Camso is funny in that it uses a lot of oddball sized bolts. Same with my bike, I don't think I ever touched 13mm, 16mm and 18mm in my entire life.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I was thinking of cutting it in half the same but my hope was to keep some snow off the engine and also not having my foot slip off and get sucked into the chain drive.... In some freak accident...

B
I was thinking of cutting it in half the same but my hope was to keep some snow off the engine and also not having my foot slip off and get sucked into the chain drive.... In some freak accident...

I think the idea is to cut the cover in 1/2, but to then bolt both halves back onto the tunnel so one would only have to remove the 1/2 covering the chain drive, leaving the back 1/2 on the tunnel.

M
Jan 14, 2004
I don't have any pics but my buddy was over the other day and he showed me how he did his. You actually just cut out the front corner where the chain is. On the seam that runs lengthwise on the kit he attaches some small plates on top and on the bottom of the plastic which stick out from the cut piece. You then just push the plastic pieces back together and the plates sandwich the main part. Basically a clip. You then cut it leaving the 1 side bolt on your chain cover piece.

M5

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
I don't have any pics but my buddy was over the other day and he showed me how he did his. You actually just cut out the front corner where the chain is. On the seam that runs lengthwise on the kit he attaches some small plates on top and on the bottom of the plastic which stick out from the cut piece. You then just push the plastic pieces back together and the plates sandwich the main part. Basically a clip. You then cut it leaving the 1 side bolt on your chain cover piece.

M5

I like the modular idea of that...being able to adjust on the fly (or at least check it) without having to offload everything, unbolt all the bolts and pull the cover off.

As long as you could make it look clean I think that's a great idea....love tinkering with stuff like that.

Wouldn't happen to have a pic of it anywhere would ya?

M
Jan 14, 2004
I've been using a rack with ratchet straps for the last 6 years. They hold really well but sometimes they can be a PITA to thread when they are all frozen. It'd nice to find something easier yet still strong. Those Mountain Addiction slide on rail things are worse for freezing up.

M5

IShartd

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Alpine County, CA
I've been using a rack with ratchet straps for the last 6 years. They hold really well but sometimes they can be a PITA to thread when they are all frozen. It'd nice to find something easier yet still strong. Those Mountain Addiction slide on rail things are worse for freezing up.

M5

Same thing I was thinking, wet straps stretch, frozen straps don't thread through ratchet. Seems like something I don't want to deal with when it's cold and blowing 40mph at elevation.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Etrack is much better than the mountain addiction stuff... A can of deicer goes a long ways also...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Gonna try this set up. Everything looks decent in it's fit. The only real concern would be the Mtn Pro Tunnel Bag. Plastic rear fender may bounce a bit too much and fatigue.

IMG_20171206_132647358.jpg IMG_20171206_132840925.jpg

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Gonna try this set up. Everything looks decent in it's fit. The only real concern would be the Mtn Pro Tunnel Bag. Plastic rear fender may bounce a bit too much and fatigue.
Are those 2 gallons ea?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Premium Features