• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Timbersled bearing replacement instructions

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
I just picked up a ‘14 TS LT and I’m going to replace the single row bearings and I’m wondering if someone can send me instructions on how to do it. I’ve read a bunch of threads, each of which talks about a part of the process, and I’m hoping there is a description kicking around that covers it all and will help me avoid the pitfalls. I plan to stay with the single row bearing sore this year but would like to find a double row kit eventually.

M
Jan 5, 2018
I don't have step by step instructions, just a couple tips from when I did my 14 last summer.

First, I didn't take the side panels completely off. I just loosened the bolts down the side and backed them out enough that I could flex the side panel easily. Saves some fight getting it back together and you don't have to mess with your spring preloads.

Second, I only upgraded the top bearing behind the sprocket on the jackshaft. When I tore it down I checked all the bearings and that was the only bad one. I planned on doing all but when I realized I had to replace the driveshaft I decided it was good enough.

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
I ended up finding a double bearing kit today, will have it in a few weeks so I tore the track kit mostly down following the video available by a rider online. I missed your tip about leaving the side panels on and just loosening them which could have saved me some time, good idea.

Premium Features