• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camso Storage Solution

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
Don't rob Peter to pay Paul

Am I seeing your photos correctly - you seem to be going with the ultra light weight carbon base (alloyed/composite) with a welded steel angle frame for the tank saddle?

B
Rotopax 1-gallon fuel jug and the bigger storage box on top, big enough for a jump pack and the cables, pair of gloves, spare neckwarmer, bottle of water, snacks and PLB and room to stuff more things in.

There is a 2 gallon Scepter fuel jug strapped on my buddies CRF450X, also fits perfectly on the tunnel tray.

P1130327.jpg P1130261.jpg P1130320.jpg P1130319.jpg

M
Jan 14, 2004
Here my fuel rack, standard 10L jerry in a steel angle bar frame attached to the kit with an old carbon fiber Hockey Stick, Yes i am Canadian...

Keep an eye on those bungee cords. I've seen them fail lots. As much as I hate them I'm still using the ratchet strap. I've got it pretty simplified now. Undo the ratchet strap but don't pull out the strap from the ratchet just unhook the free end then tilt my 20L jerry and unhook the front strap which is fixed in length. Its pretty simple and I don't have to remove my gloves. I haven't found the perfect bag or box for my tools etc. yet but I will. The stock Camso cover was a non starter for me due to the storage challenges and the amount of work necessary to check the chain tension.

M5

20180108_145402.jpg

Last edited:
T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
I use a ratchet strap to hold down my Tuff Jug and was concerned about the frozen end being an issue. So I attached the "dumb" end to the right side of the tunnel where I can put it in front of the exhaust pipe for a few seconds if needed. Has worked well for me. Not nearly the problem I thought it would be.

M
Feb 5, 2012
I am the same way.
Got my 2018 DTS and have it torn down and making changes .. As you did , replacing the plastic with .065 aluminum D plate. Building a set up to move the tunnel 2" forward . Also installing a LARGE lith. Battery in a sealed box on the tunnel up under the fender KTM sxf. E only.
Also building a new rear sub frame on the KTM that will drop seat hight 3 inches.. Thats why the LARGER battery is going on the tunnel 8 to 12 cell lith ..

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
yet rack with a pelican 1400 case custom mounted. 1450 case also works and may be a better fit. and a 12" frankensaw crudely mounted to the pelican case and a yeti fuel can up front.

next up is a shovel mount possibly under the pelican case. lots of hours making little custom mounts with basic hand tools thats for sure!!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Hit the Snap-On truck up for a nice folding hand saw .It's fairly descent besides condensing some space unless you really need that quick draw :)

B
Rotopax 1-gallon fuel jug and the bigger storage box on top, big enough for a jump pack and the cables, pair of gloves, spare neckwarmer, bottle of water, snacks and PLB and room to stuff more things in.

There is a 2 gallon Scepter fuel jug strapped on my buddies CRF450X, also fits perfectly on the tunnel tray.

The 1 gallon RotoPax fuel tank and the storage box worked out well this past season. I had to use the fuel on 3 occasions and just last weekend as I had run the tank dry after riding the bike and having forgotten to fuel it up. Figures, I fuel up all the other machines but my own.

The storage box also worked well as one time my BIL needed a better pair of gloves, we needed the jump pack a few times and some snacks another.

The fuel pack sits on the bottom and the storage box stacks perfectly on top of it. If I had to do it again, I'd get the exact same thing.

M
Jan 14, 2004
So you have a $15k+ snowbike but you don't have a $200 backcountry back pack or better yet avi pack? Please tell me you have a beacon and training. Its easy to get priorities out of whack with bike gear but that shovel might as well be in your truck if you get caught in a slide. Be safe out there nobody wants to read about accidents.

We are heading into that funny time of year where anything can happen fast due to heating and cooling plus freak deep days on crust.

M5

Premium Features