• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Video Camera

S
Dec 22, 2007
Last year we went to Cooke City for the first time and it was great, this year we are heading back and want to tape us riding in the mountains. Last year we had just digital cameras which worked great but want to take some video this year.

Any ideal on what cameras work best or what one to go look at?? Any information would be sweet

O
Nov 26, 2001
Grants Pass, OR
I just purchased a Panasonic SDR-H18 and took it out this Weekend. It was pretty simple to use and upload vids. Do a search on it and see if it meets your requirements. I'll pm you a Vid I took on Friday and it should give you some idea if it would be something you would be interested in or not. Dan

L

LSB

and also there have been a lot of threads on this recently. Panasonic makes some nice SD 3ccd smaller DV cams. I have one of the older models, still good. There are a lot of different options that depend on what you will be doing with the film.

S
Dec 22, 2007
I just want to tape use riding in the mountain and make some video of us for fun. Not trying to make money off them but want to make some cool videos for the memories.

Thanks for the feedback… Anyone else??

S
Nov 26, 2007
AK
www.ride907.com
if you can find one for cheap used a canon gl2 is a prosumer camera which is almost pro quality its 3ccd and uses dv tapes and/or sd card for easy upload to comp they are kinda pricey at 800 -1200 bucks but well worth it and will be top quality stuff for years to come. very cool google some reviews and see if it fits your style.

Premium Features