• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lost dash,and all lights.

S
Feb 10, 2018
Was riding my 09 switchback 600 today and lost power,pulled over sled still idling,noticed lost all gauges and lights.Towed sled home,tried starting just cranks.found a relay located by voltage regulator and pulled it from plug and tried starting,sled fired right up but still no gauges or lights,reinstalled relay and sled started idling up higher and higher.Been reading some posts in here and have checked a few things like checked vr with a meter and was getting 13.5 volts idling(not sure if i was checking in the right spot though)There is a plug coming from stator harness and a plug coming out of vr thats where i checked it at brown AND RED WIRE.Also i pulled ecu to see if it was burnt underneath and it was ok.Any help much appreciated.

bigrig

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
LAKE PARK, IA
Sounds like regulator. Replace with newest version, I can't remember part no. Been talked about on here about 2000 times. Probably burn't ecm. Rode Polaris forever, moved on to other brands. My Polaris stable is saved just for home now. Keep riding!!

XCaSSAULT

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
Have u tried replacing that relay? Take it to auto part store and they’ll find ya the same thing.

S
Feb 10, 2018
Yes i replaced the relay.Same issue.the voltage regulator and the stator ohm out ok according to polaris.Could be ecu,but cant find any way of testing it in polaris service manual.

M
Dec 13, 2009
IQ chassis loosing power to lights and gauge

I just went thru the same issues with a 2009 800 CFI.. Lost all lights and gauges.. Lost power to engine.. Replaced Regulator, Chassis relay and stator... Still NO lights.. But it ran better..

Put on a new wire harness and "let there be light" everything works. Haven't found exactly where the bad wire was yet... Everything works again.. till it breaks again..

The Stator and Regulator had good OHM's.. before I started.. but, since I had them in stock, thought it wouldn't hurt to replace them since they where OLD anyhow..

I heard these wire harnesses where "cheap" like most of the electrical on the IQ Polaris...

S
Feb 10, 2018
Update-think i have this nightmare figured out!Came across it by accident but nonetheless its all good.While running sled at idle i noticed idle would pick up,when idle picked up i checked vr output and noticed it went from 14 volts to 3 and felt chasis relay with my hand and it was hot to touch, so i knew i had a short somewhere,started feeling wires everywhere,took airbox off and grabbed a wire to oil level sensor and it was hot,unplugged sensor and all lights came on.Who would of thought!Anyways thanks for help here!

Premium Features