• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST FORUMS: Moving Foward into 2010!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
There are those who are looking for answers, and those who are only looking for ammunition for further attacks.

After a while it just gets tiring Boon.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Last question for me....

I agree Christopher....and I'm not sure if there could be any other questions that have not been answered....only one (and I will not mention the other site) will the servers be dedicated SW servers or shared, only wondering if it will cause issue with growth and what impact on shared cost. (no hidden agenda)

Then I would say, go hard with the changes. Im still a fence sitter but Im sticken around as a free member at the least, and interested to see what you have coming up.

B

BigJake

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jul 23, 2009
There are those who are looking for answers, and those who are only looking for ammunition for further attacks.

After a while it just gets tiring Boon.

Maybe you should explain yourself, as the questions raised concerning you have been very legitimate questions.

If you did that, maybe then you wouldn't feel like your being attacked.

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Hmmm...

I have to agree. With both that is. There have been some real legit questions and there have been some ongoing, continuous, melodramatic and repeated questions. I have not noticed, but at one time there was the possibility of making a dedicated read only post with the origionnal content and legit Q/A for those interested to read to avoid the 5000 pages of.... . Did that happen? I wouldn't bother now that things are calming. Well, I guess you could, it would show dedication and updates could be posted. Again read only.

P
Dec 17, 2009
Timberlakes
I have only been on snowest for a short time so perhaps I am naive to all the changes that are taking place. However, I see this forum as an excellent informative tool. With the help of people on this forum, I was able to get a great deal on a used sled. I have learned about what mods I want to do. Members have given me excellent advice on where to ride in an area that I am new to. I have met great people to ride with. I am not sure what people are upset about. :confused::confused::confused:

The complaints I have read have to do with rep and thanks and forum features. If these features are not beneficial to your time on Snowest, I say ignore them. If these features make it fun for someone to be on Snowest-cool:beer;. Also, I know on other forums if you are a poster with many negative comments, peers can take away your rep and lock you out:eek:. I would hope that if someone got locked out by their peers they wouldn't just sign up under a different username to do it the same rude way again:face-icon-small-fro.

As far as too many lines or sub-categories, I just can't see how making things more specific, categorized, and streamlined makes it harder to find info.:confused:

I agree forums like Snowest are around primarily for information seekers- this is very true. However, I do also agree with the post that without the smallest group (the posters), forums like this would not be around. From all the info I have seen, it does seem that well thought out, constructive, solution oriented comments from this small yet important group are taken into consideration.

There are no problems, only solutions.:beer; So if we merely complain about what is wrong rather than see an issue to critically examine and generate options, then it just holds things back. Not every option is going to be right for everyone. Unless someone was a spoiled child that never got disciplined, it goes without saying that you aren't going to get your way on every day. You don't get to win every game. (Don't even talk to me about tee-ball and other kid sports nowadays)

A forum is a community. A community of, in this case, people who love to play in the snow, share their knowledge and occasionally thank someone for that knowledge. Within a community, people have differing opinions. We don't always agree, but one day I get what I want which isn't what someone else wants; two days later that person gets what they want because community is about give and take. How's that for some Boulder hippie junk. Oh yeah I have buddies in Boulder that are powersport junkies.;)

Questions are good, it helps progress. To those asking well thought out questions-awesome. :beer;

I don't usually post on opinion stuff. Usually I just ask questions and get great answers. Sometimes I post my limited knowledge and feel good about my attempt at helping. I hope that is what I am doing-helping. Not just spewing some opinionated tirade that no one cares for. Or....if you don't care for it, that's fine, just move on.

Anyway Christopher seems to be a great forum to me, keep up the good work adding lights to the tree. Listen to the complaints and pull useful info from them and continue to create solutions with those who are giving efficacious feedback.

Premium Features