• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I want to thank a Dealership!

capnkirk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2010
Appleton, WI
So my family and I where on our yearly trip to Tog, 1000+ miles away from Wisconsin, and 15 miles out from the cabin on our 2nd day of riding... and my 10' Assault dies. I suspect Voltage Regulator, as this happened before right after I bought the sled new. It's acting the same way it did the last time I burned up the VR. So, I get it to run long enough to get up the hill we had dropped down and tow it back to the lodge, only to find that the rental shop just sold their last VR the day before, and have no rentals available other than 2-up Yamaha's.

We call down to Action Snowmobile & RV in Jackson to ask if they can get it on the Digital Wrench and diagnose the issue. They say to bring it in and they will get on it right away. They try a capacitor first to no avail, then they go to grab a New VR being the next suspected culprit... only to find they don't have any in stock for the IQ's. They have plenty for the Pro's, but none for the now ancient IQ's :lol:... damn. But wait, they have an 09' Assault shop sled, with the newest VR part number. So they pull that off their sled to make sure it is the VR that failed. Sure as sh*t, that's the problem.

To make an already long story somewhat shorter, sorry guys, they sell me that VR half price. They only charged me a half hour of labor for something they'd been messing with for over an hour. Those guys totally saved our trip out west!!

So I want to thank the whole crew at Action Snowmobile & RV in Jackson, WY!! You guys really saved the day. Thanks for sacrificing a weekend of riding your shop Assault, to save my trip. :first:

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Had a similar experience with the dlr in Duboius, don't remember their name. Called from up on the mtn right before they closed to order some replacement front end parts that had just got smashed up. They left the parts out for me and even offered to leave their shop unlocked for me to work on my sled in!
Didn't take them up on the use of their shop but wow! Best service ever.

Premium Features