• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

We're the Three Best Friends That Anyone Could Have...

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
....And We'll Never ever ever ever Leave Each other.

I posted these pictures on Facebook and got a few requests from friends to post them here so here it goes, I'm sure I will pay for this....

So the weekend started out with plans to go to Cooke on Saturday but those plans fell through when a Friday run to the West Yellowstone Snow Expo turned in to an all night bender and resulted in us having to get a hotel room in West. Thanks to the management at the Grey Wolf Inn we were able to book a room. She grabbed a Credit Card, ran outside the bar and found us a room for the night.

With the trip to Cooke canceled, normally I would have called it a weekend and not gone riding, but THA_Natty drove down from Great Falls to ride so we felt obligated to at least ride somewhere. So, Sunday morning JROD, Natty and myself headed up toward Big Sky to ride.

When we arrived Natty's sled wouldn't run. It got off the trailer then died....oh, the joys of riding a Polaris. Not to waste the day and feeling close as ever to him, I told him I'd let him ride with me. It turned out to be a pretty good time. We got laughed at by pretty much everyone that saw this s**t show, including the Forest Service. Here's the pictures...

How it all began, Me and THA_Natty gettin cozy.

BuckRidge03-12-11-113.jpg

BuckRidge03-12-11-121.jpg

BuckRidge03-12-11-120.jpg

BuckRidge03-12-11-118.jpg

BuckRidge03-12-11-119.jpg

It took a little practice but throughout the day we pulled a couple pretty nice lines and even put up a couple marks on a hill. Some obstacles had to be negotiated twice but we made it everywhere we needed to go and made it all day without getting stuck.

BuckRidge03-12-11-116.jpg

BuckRidge03-12-11-122.jpg

And a couple others from the day, Me and JROD playing around.

BuckRidge03-12-11-111.jpg

BuckRidge03-12-11-110.jpg

BuckRidge03-12-11-16.jpg

BuckRidge03-12-11-15.jpg

Last edited:
J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
It wasn't awful, it was really windy up top and most of the open areas were wind blown. The ride in from the backside was pretty deep and the snow in the trees was pretty good. Just kind of hard to tree ride two up.

and yeah, I'll ride nut to butt if it keeps my buddy from having to sit in the truck all day. There will always be another day to have a good ride, in the end we still had fun.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
LOL, that's good stuff.

I ride like that with my son...and the bigger he gets, the harder it is. He'll be 8 this weekend, and I can't ride with him in front of me anymore....and I can't ride with him on behind..I guess he'll need a mtn sled soon. :)

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
By no means was this an "epic" ride. But I don't think I've laughed so hard or had a bigger weekend of questionable decisions in a really long time.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
CLASSIC. I can't believe you guys rode all the way back to Cedar like that.

"and if you get murdered by crystal meth tweakers...well then we're s&*t out of luck."

I love that movie. My buddies and I watched it last year on our way to Deadwood for a bachelor party. If that show doesn't get you pumped up to party, you should check your pulse.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
"So long gay boys....pshhhtttt"

I just watched that tonight and thought of this thread....LMFAO!!!

:)

Premium Features