• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Update Kits for 09 800

M

MN 660

Nov 27, 2007
MN
Update kits

Based on the respones so far it appears that the western states dealers got preferred treatment on update kits. I thought money was the same color if out west or in central states!!

M

MN 660

Nov 27, 2007
MN
Update Kits

How can Polaris not make enough kits? They have the serial number of every 800 produced in 08 and 09. All you have to do is count and then order the kits! I can send my 5 year old grand daughter to help count.

Last edited:
S
Nov 17, 2009
Everett, Wa.
Based on the respones so far it appears that the western states dealers got preferred treatment on update kits. I thought money was the same color if out west or in central states!!

I understood Polaris to be trying to get kits to areas where people could ride first.
I do not know why, say for example, there are 10,000 sleds affected that were registered they could not have had manufactured 5000 kits initially...On the kit box label it lists the country of origin as Malta, Italy (pistons) and the US. I don't know what other parts come from where.
It would be interesting to know (though we will never find out) what the holdup is. I wonder if the Maltese Spring Co is making the exhaust springs and the Polaris order for 3000 springs keeps getting bumped for them manufacturing 50,000 glovebox lid springs and 200,000 toaster springs for Proctor Silex or something like that.
I also would like to know if anyone who works for an auto dealer if they are billed for bulletin parts, receive them in lots or all at once, have to order individually or how it works. Any auto service person out there who knows?
When I order a kit, our dealer parts account is billed the cost of the kit. We are then reimbursed on our parts account when the work is done and a claim is filed and polaris receives the old parts. I have been submitting the claims and returning the parts as soon as the repairs are done, but usually not more than 2-3 a week. i have not received more than 4 kits at a time; but I did not ever order more than 5 on a single order.

M
Mar 2, 2008
i live in mn and my 09 is done. they were doing 5-10 a day. i dont see a problem on poos end must be a dealer issue. call around to other dealers im sure someone else will take care of you.

M

MN 660

Nov 27, 2007
MN
update kits

I agreed its not as easy as picking up the phone and calling a different dealer.

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
still waiting here in southern MN for kits for 09 800 Switchbacks. 20 plus inches of snow and sled sits in garage. Bad Polaris!!

had 5 more inches Mon 12/21/09, 5 more inches Wed 12/23/09 with another 10-19 to arrive today thru Sat 1/26/2009. Sled sits with puked engine-Bad Polaris

You learn your lesson yet???

I did my 800 comitted suicide 3 times in 3 trips last year wrecking my out west trips all year

Polaris was almost responsible for wrecking another trip this year being my dads 800 was torn apart waiting on cylinders because of bad scuffing OH........backordered sweet we complained ALOT and magically they found some jugs for it and will be back together monday just in time for our jan. trip

I was angry enough to the point I thought about putting it together and delivering it to medina's front lobby :mad::mad::mad:

N

nddragon

Feb 22, 2009
Updates

I have a 09 D8 purchased one year ago, put on 1200 miles in ND, MN, & WI
The only problem I ever had was the stumble at 5 to 6 k, told my dealer to get me a update kit in Nov, he did and had it back in Nov but no snow to ride, hope tommorow will be the break in day if forecast is right for 20 inches on the way. Good luck to the rest on rebuild kits, my dealer is NW in MN

R
Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Polaris dealers can now request update kits and get priority on them if they have a sled that is down. Polaris wants to get the kits to the people that need them the most. If you have questions, PM me.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Polaris dealers can now request update kits and get priority on them if they have a sled that is down. Polaris wants to get the kits to the people that need them the most. If you have questions, PM me.

My dealer called me today and let me know that they had a kit for mine.

Premium Features