• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question: Ryde FX mpv Rear Shock

R

ronmexico78

Feb 28, 2008
So i bought a set of used ryde fx shocks from a guy for the rear of my 08 dragon and i got the shocks in the mail and when i compress the long skinnier shock it does not re-bound. I dont think its supposed to be like this is it? I know the springs are supposed to take the sled back up, but i would think that there was supposed to be some re-bound in the shock itslef...??? Can anyone confirm.

Thanks

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
So i bought a set of used ryde fx shocks from a guy for the rear of my 08 dragon and i got the shocks in the mail and when i compress the long skinnier shock it does not re-bound. I dont think its supposed to be like this is it? I know the springs are supposed to take the sled back up, but i would think that there was supposed to be some re-bound in the shock itslef...??? Can anyone confirm.

Thanks

No, stock polaris rear/rear shocks are just shocks, not coil-overs. There will be no rebound, torsion springs do that.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Nope, normal for these $50 shocks, they don't rebound on their own like the rebuildable ones do.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
nope i just took my ryde fxs off and my rear does the same thing. you replaced your walker evans with the standard rmk rydes? i did the opposite

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
i was wondering if my rear was blown but it uses oil and the walkers use gas this is why the walkers rebounds. my sled sits way higher with the walkers in it now over the rydes but i have the 09 walkers and i think they added more pressure but just in the fronts over the 08s..............i kept my rydes incase the walkers fronts go. they have a couple nicks i sanded out with 2000 grit paper........ ill probably get new shafts and get the fab craft adjustable valves on them this summer if they last or blow

Last edited:
R

ronmexico78

Feb 28, 2008
Actually I didnt end up switching them out. The WE rears had more resistance than the Ryde Fx. I did swap out the front WE's for Ryde Fx coil overs with the red springs. Big difference. Those WE fronts are JUNK !!

Premium Features