• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 D8 with SLP fuel map

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Ran great over the weekend with the new map from SLP, kept up with my buddies XP 880 big bore kit. Super happy

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
I am running an slp pipe and y-pipe, airbox, and head. All from slp. I am riding at 8000ft plus and running only the pc III for fuel control. This is the new map from slp that i received last week. They put it together for the new 2010 update. So it is the latest and greatest.

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
I ran the same map and have pretty much the same sled. I ran it at 2000 ft but I zeroed the upper rpm numbers for 80-100% throttle just to be safe. Ran great no issues and no bog at all. Clutching is stock springs 10-68, 64/44 helix pulling 8300. I should probably be running 10-70's. I ran with an assult with the udates and mods but no controller, The top end power was the same but my midrange and drivability was way better. His backfired at least 10 times that day.

It is crazy how much fuel SLP is adding in the mid range. some places it is up to 30%. That really explains why so many people have a bog or hesitation or are even scuffing pistons.

W
Aug 20, 2008
utah
correct me if im wrong but doesnt the power commander put in its own map? why would you need to remap if you have the fuel controller.
i have the 2010 update and think its crap, i ran very well all last year. so i ordered the power commander 5 to try and fix things.
am i ok with just the fuel controller or do i need a different map as well?

A
Nov 26, 2007
You can put any map that you want into the pc 5. It just adds or subtracts fuel from the map that is in the factory ecu already. It does not reflash the ecu. The map that I have is from SLP and gives the proper fuel curve for the slp pipe.

You can also get the auto tune then the pc will add or subtract fuel to reach the AFR that you have specified.

If you got it from Dyno tech Jim will have a few different maps with it to try or you can use the slp one like I did or you can make your own.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
correct me if im wrong but doesnt the power commander put in its own map? why would you need to remap if you have the fuel controller.
i have the 2010 update and think its crap, i ran very well all last year. so i ordered the power commander 5 to try and fix things.
am i ok with just the fuel controller or do i need a different map as well?

I am in the same boat. Mine ran better last year (until the chaincase started failing) and now after the update the sled runs like poop. Pulling minimal rpms and now I am scratching my head with all sorts of clutching solutions. Maybe that is not the problem. I have the SLP single pipe, air intake, and SLP clutching from 8-10,000 feet. I just got off the phone with a friend and he said Action Motor Sports has had some sleds in already that are having det problems with the new map. I don't want to have to buy a power commander now to fix the "fix". Can you reflash back to 09? Will that void their warranty? So confused.

S

Super B

Dec 26, 2002
Monticello, MN
www.rooost.ca
I am in the same boat. Mine ran better last year (until the chaincase started failing) and now after the update the sled runs like poop. Pulling minimal rpms and now I am scratching my head with all sorts of clutching solutions. Maybe that is not the problem. I have the SLP single pipe, air intake, and SLP clutching from 8-10,000 feet. I just got off the phone with a friend and he said Action Motor Sports has had some sleds in already that are having det problems with the new map. I don't want to have to buy a power commander now to fix the "fix". Can you reflash back to 09? Will that void their warranty? So confused.

Mine ran like crap also after the '10 update. I borrowed a PCV from a buddy and I was amazed on how well the sled ran. I called Jim @ Dynotech and ordered one up.

A
Nov 26, 2007

The 09 reflash is not the answer. It is still lean in the midrange although it runs alot better than the 2010 update. The ecu is more sensitive to det and thats why some guys are seeing the det light come on. Putting the pc or other controller is the only way that I know of to get them run like they should. Don't worry Cat is having alot of the same problems but just on a smalle scale.

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I ran the same map and have pretty much the same sled. I ran it at 2000 ft but I zeroed the upper rpm numbers for 80-100% throttle just to be safe. Ran great no issues and no bog at all. Clutching is stock springs 10-68, 64/44 helix pulling 8300. I should probably be running 10-70's. I ran with an assult with the udates and mods but no controller, The top end power was the same but my midrange and drivability was way better. His backfired at least 10 times that day.

It is crazy how much fuel SLP is adding in the mid range. some places it is up to 30%. That really explains why so many people have a bog or hesitation or are even scuffing pistons.

30% more fuel is crazy for sure, my updated sled ran great a couple of weeks ago, but it sounds like it needs the fuel controller to keep it safe.

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
For as much as we spend on these things, including mods, transportation, fuel, down time, etc. If I can purchase something that is under $500.00 and adds performance as well as reliability, that's a bargain!!!!

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
For as much as we spend on these things, including mods, transportation, fuel, down time, etc. If I can purchase something that is under $500.00 and adds performance as well as reliability, that's a bargain!!!!

with what we spent on these sleds Iam amazed that people will buy gas racks and BLING .shocks vents and then bit@@h that their sled burnt down or scuffed pistons ,,,but wont spend 300-500$ on a fuel controller ,Mine has had a turbo from day one with a Purelogic controller and the sled has not had one engine issue!!!!!!we put a purelogic controll on my buds assault and again NO issues!! WAKE the F@@k UP!!!!!!!!

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
with what we spent on these sleds Iam amazed that people will buy gas racks and BLING .shocks vents and then bit@@h that their sled burnt down or scuffed pistons ,,,but wont spend 300-500$ on a fuel controller ,Mine has had a turbo from day one with a Purelogic controller and the sled has not had one engine issue!!!!!!we put a purelogic controll on my buds assault and again NO issues!! WAKE the F@@k UP!!!!!!!!

I'm awake and I hate to tell you this, but a fuel controller isn't the answer to all the issues to these sleds. Yes they can help get rid of the lean spot at 6000 rpm. It as nothing to do with voltage regulators crapping out and taking everything else with it.

Premium Features