• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

jump explorer jump!

T
Oct 15, 2008
What is with the offset??? Are there spacers or washers that are on the "wrong" side of the assembly? The chain should align perfectly or there will be significant torque on the drivetrain and much unnecessary wear. Have you talked to your dealer about the misalignment of your installed kit? No broken toys, please.

The offset is due to the fact that the chain runs around the front of the driven sprocket instead of the back as with a normal wheel (reverses the direction of the drive "cog"). The offset is there to keep the chain away from the inside of the sprocket. On my set up there is about a 7mm offset. I think that could have been cut down to about 2 or 3mm or with out any real issues. I've contacted the President of AD Boivin and he personally told me it is supposed to be like this. :( I don't like it, it's bad engineering, but what is there to do?

I have another design issue that has come up but I will post something about that after I get a resolution from AD Boivin. I've contacted them and I'm waiting to see what happens. I'll give the full report when things are finalized, one way or the other. Lets see how well they support their product...

Premium Features