• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

simmons II on zx's?

S
my zx needs new skis has anybody tried the new simmons II skis on these sleds (or any other sled).they look like they have a huge surface area for floatation- but can ya still "yank 'er over" in the fluffy stuff or side hill with these monsters?

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
my zx needs new skis has anybody tried the new simmons II skis on these sleds (or any other sled).they look like they have a huge surface area for floatation- but can ya still "yank 'er over" in the fluffy stuff or side hill with these monsters?

It's harder to yank the old ZX over, but the nose won't dive on you. I liked them, on my ZX.

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
Harder to yank the zx over??? LOL, than what?
Don't see why you would need those huge planks on the zx chassis, pick up a pair of new Pilot 6.9 takeoffs. I run PowderPros which work very well, 'specially in loose/deep snow
If your zx chassis is hard to lay over, pull the sway bar, stiffen up the springs.
I can lay my sled over on it's side and spin cookies without even getting off the seat.

S
i didn't say it was hard to pull over with factory skis (it pretty much goes where i turn my head & look now:D) i was just curious as to what the difference would be...i have the factory "flex" skis that're decent and let me lean 'er over at will-the "mountain" skis with the wing off the inside were about the same w/less snow in the face but required a little more effort in some snow conditions.i'm building a boon docking mod right now for the tight 'n twisty bits through the treed areas & cut blocks that're still available in my area due to the recent caribou closures etc at the higher elevations:mad:.the ability to float at the slower ground speeds required to pick routes through trees,stumps and deadfalls in 8 feet + of untouched snow and tree wells with minimal effort is what i'm trying to figure out before i drop $500 or so for skis :D

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
whooa!i hadn't considered that ....:eek:don't know how i coulda over-looked that but it would suck to find out the hard way between a couple of 16"+ trees-lol!

Running up through a grove of small trees, I found out the hard way. My buddy made it fine, I should have followed slower. :)

D
Dec 19, 2008
im running the flexi 2s on my zx chassis and love them, lots of floatation, with sway removed it lays over easy. does not try to self right when side hilling I had pow pros on and the flexis way outperform in the back country and they are awesome when you have to hit a trail to get from point a-b..... you dont have any darting like with the pow pros....

Premium Features