Arctic Cat: M Series 2005-Current, all models in the M-series chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2018, 01:41 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Skis Up is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Added Frog skin and hole on Dash M1000

Added Frog skin and holes on Dash M1000
I was wondering if anyone modified there Air Box after the Frog Skin and Hole in the Dash. The End of the Air box is right there and I thought a little more air
would help it Breath.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Currently: WTF mother nature?
Basic Member
clutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond repute

There is already an intake on the top side of the airbox under the gauge with a frogskin on it. I think all you would accomplish is more intake noise.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:03 PM
Currently: Keyboard highmarking at its best.
jim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond repute

Install the SLP modified air intake kit for the M1000. I had that sled and fought deep powder bogging until I did that. The SLP modified intake has intake screens under the hood...they don't affect cold intake performance that I noticed but will certainly become a good auxillary intake when the powder is over the hood and choking out the intake. Once that was installed, no more deep powder bogging issues.

Also helpful is an aftermarket Y pipe...this cleaned things up through the range and it was less likely to bog. But no other mods if you do Y pipe...it will get too lean.

The Following User Says Thank You to jim For This Useful Post:
clutch (12-05-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 10:02 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Skis Up is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info about extra holes under Gauge...
I have SLP pipe, Y pipe, and Can and the Boondocker controller I have yet to run it in over the Hood Powder.
But had herd of bogging if no extra vents.
When riding at Rabbit ears end of Season last year I though a little under reving at 7400. 75 gram weights.
I have a few sets to try this year 70, 73, 75,77, 80 and 83 gram.
for both Michigan Boondocken and back out west Late this year.
I Have a Crossfire 1000 also ( thats why so many weights)

thanks for opinions

Old 12-06-2018, 01:22 PM
Currently: Keyboard highmarking at its best.
jim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond repute

Add another shim to the secondary spring (more preload) and install rock rollers to keep Rs during backshifting...FYI. Make sure your primary spring is fresh too.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:20 PM
Currently: WTF mother nature?
Basic Member
clutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond reputeclutch has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the slp intake will definitely help. About 7650 seemed to be the sweet spot on mine.