Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: IQ 2005-Current, all models in the IQ and IQ Raw chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2018, 08:54 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
littlenanner85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Projection light instructions

Anyone here have the instructions for the projection light? I am thinking of adding my own lights by or in the nosepan out of the two vents and planning on using the same circuit as the projection lights.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-19-2018, 08:27 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
littlenanner85 is an unknown quantity at this point

I found the wiring schematic for the projection kit in the service manual and went ahead and did it myself.

If you are looking to add a light that switches on and off with high beam see below for the parts that I used: (The WM part numbers are the connectors for the 4" LED bars that I used. I also always order extra crimps because I do not have the correct crimp tool.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture part numbers.PNG
Views:	11
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	297311

Click image for larger version

Name:	LED Bar Light.png
Views:	9
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	297312

Switch allows the LEDs to be turned off or on. Only provides power when high beams are on. Red part illuminates when on.
Name:  Capture1.JPG
Views: 35
Size:  69.2 KB

LED bars mounted to the bottom of the plate under the pipe in the nosepan.
Name:  Capture2.JPG
Size:  73.3 KB

Name:  Capture3.JPG
Size:  68.4 KB

Name:  Capture4.JPG
Size:  64.0 KB
Completely hidden from the exterior and shines through the two nosepan vents. I may need to adjust them for angle, but I will wait to see how it works when we get snow. I like a good amount of weight transfer which makes it a pain to ride at night because my headlights are always looking for squirrels in the trees.
Name:  Capture5.JPG
Size:  79.8 KB

Wire is in a plastic loom and ran down with the hood harness and wrapped with the metal heat resistant tape. I tested these lights with a battery and they are pulling roughly 2.1 amps so I used the 5 amp fuse. This is only about 25 watts and should be perfectly fine running off the projection circuit that was originally designed for 55 watts.

These LEDs are rated at 70 watts max each, was hoping to be around the 55 watts total for both. Only thing at this time before actually trying them out that I would change is brighter LEDs. I do have pet screen infront of the vent which I am sure is blocking the light as well. I also got the triple row spot/flood. I think I would have just went with a triple row spot instead if I would have compared them in person first.

Last edited by littlenanner85; 10-19-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to littlenanner85 For This Useful Post:
TecCrash (10-27-2018)
Old 10-27-2018, 06:04 PM
Currently: Doing the Snow Dance!
TecCrash is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll have to take a closer look at this. The older I get the more light I need!

Thanks!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No